Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hedbangr

Anyone else get no motor sound in planes in 1.19?

7 posts in this topic

I get not motor sound when looking forward. If I turn my head, it comes on in the side speakers. When I look back to the front, it goes away. Guns, flaps, wind noise plays, but not the motor sound in the planes. Am I the only one? Is there something I need to do to fix this? Is it a known problem?

I was in game as a 40mm. An ea came at me and if I was facing him, I could not hear him! If I turned to the side, his engines came in fine in the side speakers. I can't hear engines in the center speaker. WTF!

I just played around with it and discovered that if I turn off 3d sounds, everything is fine...WTF!?! I have an audigy 2 5.1 card. Why can't I use the 3d sounds!??!

bleh lucky...I dont even SEE planes anymore until they drop their bombs or shoot their guns then they disappear again about half a second later >_<

Make sure your speaker settings are set to the speaker setup you have.

In other words, dont set it to 5.1 surround, if you dont have a 5.1 surround speaker setup. Because then, windows is trying to play sounds behind you, or in front of you, through your center channel, or rear channel speakers, and you dont have any. You only have a left and right speaker, so when you turn your head, placing the source of the sound off to one side, then you hear it.

If you play with headphones, set it to headphones, with 2 speakers, set it to 2 speakers, 2 speakers and a sub, choose 2.1 (only if you run digital output, I think?) etc etc...

Thats gonna be in control panel, under sound devices, or in whatever speaker/soundcard software you have running (creative mediasource comes to mind)

I had this problem with my laptop. The original Realtek AC'97 sound drivers caused CTD's and the new drivers had no forward sound. I tried the latest VIA sound drivers and all works well now. This problem was on both the 118 and 119 ver.

Hope this helps.

Thanks fo rthe replies. I have the computer set up for 5.1 speakers in the control panel and I have a 5.1 speaker set up. I had thought of that before and that was not the issue.

I do not use headphones (although my wife would like me to). :)

This all started with the 1.19 update. I have not changed anything in the computer before it. After I patched to 1.19, this happened.

I have not tried to update the sound drivers. The computer is only 4 months old from Dell. I will look into updating the sound drivers or at least if it needs it or not. *crosses fingers*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0