Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigdog3

1.30 cant start :(

19 posts in this topic

Ok i tried to logg into the game today for several hours playnet thingy simply gives unable to connect to authehnication server i went to the download page and tried the links howver i only manage to connect to the ftp there is a playnet logon version 1.19 and multiple 1.30 files what exactly do i need to do ?

I did triy to reinstall playnet but the problem presist i cant login !

Suport page dosent function either :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@playnet.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Servers are down and the versions of 1.30 in the ftp are the beta test versions. Calm down, have a beer; the only known cure for patch fever.

Don't worry, servers are down and will be for some time...

You'll be able to spawn in and die in a tank soon enough!

Don't worry, servers are down and will be for some time...

You'll be able to spawn in and die in a tank soon enough!

Hey fearny, I'm sure you will be able to answer this one for me? When server is back up will I simply need to uninstall the whole game from my PC and then download from website and install again? The way I'm reading things is that it won't be an auto update?

After a few minutes browsing the forum, here's a few other answers to common questions:

Q: I can't get in game due to a recent authentication error, what's wrong?

A: Nothing. Servers are down for the big patch. Relax.

Q: I downloaded the latest PlayGate on the downloads page but still no go, what gives?

A: That PlayGate listed is NOT the latest version, the latest version will be released with the 1.30 patch when it is available.

Q: Should I remove BE/PlayGate before downloading the new patch?

A: It's a good idea to normally do this after a new full install is released as it cleans up old files the game used to use but doesn't now. With 1.30 coming out, the Rats have flatout recommended you remove BE/PlayGate before you try to install v1.30. I also recommend you do this.

Q: Will 1.30 be an automatic patch like in the past?

A: Probably not. It'll probably be a brand new full-install package to download manually as it's a major patch. Smaller patches (IE 1.31, I.32, etc) should be automatic, back to 'the norm.'

Q: What should I do? I can't get in game!

A: Kiss the misses, take the girlfriend out to a movie, read a book, take a walk, the possibilities are endless.

Q: I see a bunch of 1.30 stuff in the downloads, what should I download?

A: None of them. Those are the Beta versions which you don't want as you'll have to uninstall it anyways before the live version. Once the patch gets released, those other Beta versions will most likely be taken down so you won't be confused.

Q: Where is the downloads page?

A: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/getting-started/download-the-game

Q: What's up with the map?

A: The map is either locked or being reverted back to its state before the servers went down.

Q: Will I have to download future patches manually?

A: Shouldn't have to--minor patches should be downloaded automatically. It's only the big patches and/or PlayGate patches that tend to need a manual download.

Q: Gunnie, how do you know so much? I love you man!

A: I've been around the game for a while, I have a pretty good idea what to expect as I've been through several other big patches similar to 1.30. Dare I say patch 1.02? 1.10? 1.26? I've seen it all ;)

this is crap cant it just be easier cant get on bugging me..been paying for 8 years and this is what i get well ive always get it to work so i cant panic unless it doesnt work then ill scream

I was getting error 10057 earlier tonight. But now I'm able to log in and it says server is online so I clicked on it. The game seems to start (black screen) but then I get kicked to Desktop.

WTF!

I just tried again...no go...squadies are in :(

I get the blank (black) screen I always got before...then CTD.

I just tried again...no go...squadies are in :(

I get the blank (black) screen I always got before...then CTD.

Are you getting this:

Exited Program: file: ..\..\src\ui\uiMain.cpp, line: 248, App Version: 1, 30, 0, 255

Message string: default font not found!

Date and time: 5/27/2009 23:47:19

File version: 1, 30, 0, 255

Date and time: 5/27/2009 23:47:19

WWIIOL aborted via improper means

?

File is called: WW2_Log.txt

Mine is located in C:\Documents And Settings\*my user name*\My Documents\Battleground Europe

Longbow' date=' I'm getting that exact error. Any ideas how to fix this?[/quote']

Download the full install.

Download the full install.

Thanks, that was my plan and I've almost downloaded it now. Too bad I'm unable to DL PlayGate package at the moment, maybe it's good time to go out and exercise a little :)

Do I have to save the game settings (vehicle controls etc.) somehow or do they stay untouched as I uninstall+reinstall the game? I planned to do registry cleaning after uninstalling the game.

Thanks, that was my plan and I've almost downloaded it now. Too bad I'm unable to DL PlayGate package at the moment, maybe it's good time to go out and exercise a little :)

Do I have to save the game settings (vehicle controls etc.) somehow or do they stay untouched as I uninstall+reinstall the game? I planned to do registry cleaning after uninstalling the game.

Settings are not touched by the uninstaller, and you don't need PlayGATE anymore.

Just uninstall everything, clean the registry and install the full installer and you'll be good to go.

I don't get any error message. I put in my account and password and it goes to the next screen where it shows campaige (open) and training (offline). I highlite campaige and hit play. The screen goes blank (like it's starting to load the game) and in 2-3 seconds i'm back to my desktop. I even turned off my firewall and still CTD. I don't see an abort.log in the directory.

I don't get any error message. I put in my account and password and it goes to the next screen where it shows campaige (open) and training (offline). I highlite campaige and hit play. The screen goes blank (like it's starting to load the game) and in 2-3 seconds i'm back to my desktop. I even turned off my firewall and still CTD. I don't see an abort.log in the directory.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/10-production-notes/2408-the-patch-day-one

crash back to desktop on launch

uninstall, download new client

wait 4 hours

go to install...."wrong file size"

do i have to download the 374mb file again? i dl it from battleground too

crash back to desktop on launch

uninstall, download new client

wait 4 hours

go to install...."wrong file size"

do i have to download the 374mb file again? i dl it from battleground too

If it's the wrong file size then it got corrupted somehow and you have to re download it. Make sure you don't have any download helper / live virus scan type program messing it up.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0