• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tominata

1.30 Questions

12 posts in this topic

hell also I have gotten confused...

RATS shoud set a clear news in main site like:

"server down at 9am CST (2pm GMT) for 6 hours"

that s all...

after 5+ hours from 9am CST an eta update.

After a few minutes browsing the forum, here's a few other answers to common questions:

Q: I can't get in game due to a recent authentication error, what's wrong?

A: Nothing. Servers are down for the big patch. Relax.

Q: I downloaded the latest PlayGate on the downloads page but still no go, what gives?

A: That PlayGate listed is NOT the latest version, the latest version will be released with the 1.30 patch when it is available.

Q: Should I remove BE/PlayGate before downloading the new patch?

A: It's a good idea to normally do this after a new full install is released as it cleans up old files the game used to use but doesn't now. With 1.30 coming out, the Rats have flatout recommended you remove BE/PlayGate before you try to install v1.30. I also recommend you do this.

Q: Will 1.30 be an automatic patch like in the past?

A: Probably not. It'll probably be a brand new full-install package to download manually as it's a major patch. Smaller patches (IE 1.31, I.32, etc) should be automatic, back to 'the norm.'

Q: What should I do? I can't get in game!

A: Kiss the misses, take the girlfriend out to a movie, read a book, take a walk, the possibilities are endless.

Q: I see a bunch of 1.30 stuff in the downloads, what should I download?

A: None of them. Those are the Beta versions which you don't want as you'll have to uninstall it anyways before the live version. Once the patch gets released, those other Beta versions will most likely be taken down so you won't be confused.

Q: Where is the downloads page?

A: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/getting-started/download-the-game

Q: What's up with the map?

A: The map is either locked or being reverted back to its state before the servers went down.

Q: Will I have to download future patches manually?

A: Shouldn't have to--minor patches should be downloaded automatically. It's only the big patches and/or PlayGate patches that tend to need a manual download.

Q: Gunnie, how do you know so much? I love you man!

A: I've been around the game for a while, I have a pretty good idea what to expect as I've been through several other big patches similar to 1.30. Dare I say patch 1.02? 1.10? 1.26? I've seen it all ;)

After a few minutes browsing the forum, here's a few other answers to common questions:

Q: I can't get in game due to a recent authentication error, what's wrong?

A: Nothing. Servers are down for the big patch. Relax.

Q: The PlayGATE link on the downloads page doesn't work, what gives?

A: That PlayGATE listed is NOT the latest version, the latest version will be released with the 1.30 patch when it is available.

Q: Should I remove BE/PlayGATE before downloading the new patch?

A: It's a good idea to normally do this after a new full install is released as it cleans up old files the game used to use but doesn't now. With 1.30 coming out, the Rats have flatout recommended you remove BE/PlayGATE before you try to install v1.30. I also recommend you do this.

Q: Will 1.30 be an automatic patch like in the past?

A: Yes. There is a automatic patch for 1.30. You may download it manually or use PlayGATE to update automatically. However if you chose to use PlayGATE to update you must remember to uninstall PlayGATE immediately after installing the patch.

Q: What should I do? I can't get in game!

A: Kiss the misses, take the girlfriend out to a movie, read a book, take a walk, the possibilities are endless.

Q: Where is the downloads page?

A: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/getting-started/download-the-game

Q: The links on the downloads page don't work! What's up?

A: The page hasn't been updated yet, but if you click on the ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/ link you can download the files off the FTP server.

Q: There's no Mac files on the FTP!

A: Please be patient, Mac updates typically trail behind the PC ones, they will be available as soon as possible.

Q: What's up with the map?

A: The map is either locked or being reverted back to its state before the servers went down.

Q: Will I have to download future patches manually?

A: Shouldn't have to--minor patches should be downloaded automatically. It's only the big patches and/or PlayGate patches that tend to need a manual download.

Q: Gunnie, how do you know so much? I love you man!

A: I've been around the game for a while, I have a pretty good idea what to expect as I've been through several other big patches similar to 1.30. Dare I say patch 1.02? 1.10? 1.26? I've seen it all ;)

Updated.

Ok we got the update when will the servers be up its this taking alot longer then expected any word how long more

When it's done' date=' unfortunately. It's taken longer then expected.[/quote']

That's one of those computer sayings, like Murphy's law. It always takes longer than expected.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0