Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilgaz

*g* full install torrent is missing from ftp

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I made a very stupid thing and my ww2 online is actually corrupt.

So as a chance, I wanted to get full torrent, leave machine overnight, serving people etc.

Mac full install torrent, gives "file not found"

I browsed the torrents dir on your ftp, yes file is not there or not accessible by me.

So, as a guy said "all should use torrent, ftp is second", I can't actually get torrent second time in a row lol

I meant the "ww2online" torrent file, to get the ww2 via bittorrent not loading playnet ftp doesn't exist while its link exists at downloads page.

http://www.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/downloads.jsp

See, second part is "torrent", as I will probably leave my machine now and sleep, I wanted to get the torrent so my machine could serve other downloaders.

Also against misunderstanding, I am laughing to my luck as a guy always wanted companies give huge files via torrent , not ftp :) something interesting, all bittorrent problems finds me :)

No, that is patch torrent, for patch file.

I noticed full 1.9.1 install torrent is missing (ftp error 550, similar to 404) which is the _real_ thing would give CRS ftp servers nightmare.

I got the patch, as I did a real stupid thing 2 days ago, as many of my applications, ww2 is corrupt so it can't be patched.

What I thought is to get full install file VIA bittorrent and leave machine overnight "seeding" to other mac guys.

I may have found a specific timeframe that file actually removed for updating etc. As I said, I am amazingly unlucky on bittorrent.

Okay, sorry. I understand now. It's the same for the PC full install. They updated the links to the full 1.19.1 filenames, but there are only actual files for the 1.19.0 filenames.

For instance:

ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/torrents/wwiiol0001190.bin.torrent

exists on the FTP server, but...

ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/torrents/wwiiol0001191.bin.torrent

does not.

If you have the full file you can generate it even from official client.

I generated it for instance but of course nowhere to post :)

Its trackerless auto even! :)

old days when there weren't lamers all over, ftp servers had incoming directories, you could post it easily to CRS.

Real old days I mean, 1994 etc ;)

as usual I bugged Gophur, sent mail with that torrent attached. I bet it will be fixed. No need to have FTP server serve thousands of 250mb files while technology as bittorrent exists. It was what I was saying but see, bad luck.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0