Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sixpence

trackir

22 posts in this topic

cannot get it to work. I start thr trackir software, then start the game, but doesn't recognize game

You have to set up the "views" in keymapper. For instance, view yaw, move head left and right, for pitch move head up and down. Use the "n" key for freelook which will activate TrackIR. I will see ihow mine is this evening and post more on it.

You have to set up the "views" in keymapper. For instance' date=' view yaw, move head left and right, for pitch move head up and down. Use the "n" key for freelook which will activate TrackIR. I will see ihow mine is this evening and post more on it.[/quote']

When I first got mine, I didn't realize that you had to set it up. I just plugged it in and expected it to work.

My guess is that the OP did the same.

As dukk said, set it up in keymapper and you should be good to go. Once you are, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. :)

What you should see in keymapper, plus added bonus of hat to freelook mapping in secondary map collum.

N is default freelook toggle, mine is right click....cause I'm old and don't do new tricks well ;)

tirww2ol.jpg

just got home(ten hour day). Thanks, I'll play around with it. Are you guys using the beta software?

Just got my trackIr today and had the same problem.

Thanks for making this thread, helped a-lot.

Now time to find Conqueri and kill'em :)

I'm having trouble with the keymapper. I've got my trackIR set to be views. It works when I enable it in vehicles. But infantry is bugged. It still only moves if the mouse moves.

It's like the infantry keymap has trouble saving itself. It's a problem I've encountered before when trying to change around my lean and look keys.

cant get keymapper to recognize trackir.

dont know what I am doing wrong.

:confused:

Got it to recognize TrackIR for X and Y, but in game when I hit 'N',

Suddenly NOTHING HAPPENS (or any other button).

In Keymapper it sees it, but that is all.

Will keep plugging aways until I stumble on something.

:mad:

h00ray, got it to work.

And I got a kill flying (110 died), then I died shortly after by a 250, hehehe.

Edited by imded

What was the problem?

didn't go to the right category.

Finally my eyes opened and I saw what needed to be done.

Had a major senior moment.

Don't get old.

;)

When looking (in game) L/R and U, my movement only gets me about 80 degrees.

In TrackIR5 I can get about 135 degrees.

What can I do to get WWIIOL to do close to that?

When looking (in game) L/R and U, my movement only gets me about 80 degrees.

In TrackIR5 I can get about 135 degrees.

What can I do to get WWIIOL to do close to that?

You need to set TrackIR's response-curves for pitch and yaw so that you can *comfortably* get +/- 90° deflection on pitch (up/down) and +/-180° on yaw (left/right). That is *within* the TrackIR software.

Roughly: Yaw-axis 90° in TrackIR = 3oc-view in game. 180° in TrackIR = dead 6-view (or as close as you can get to it) in-game.

Enable the "mirror" check-mark so that changing one side of the response curve will change the other as well. Then start playing around with the response curve. The higher you drag the little dots on the curve, the faster/further TracKIR will move your POV when you reach the point on the X-Axis that "dot" is over.

I was going to make a video for you, but for some reason bandicam won't capture the Track IR software.

So here's a screenshot:

TrackIR%20response_zpsffshavat.jpg

I have mine set a bit flatter around the center, otherwise TrackIR is a bit too twitchy for my taste. I also set smoothness to 12 to further reduce twitchy-ness. But YMMV - go with whatever feels best to *you*.

In the pic, I had my head turned to the left to get full -180° deflection in the yaw-axis. As you can see on the response-curve in the lower left part of the screen, I need roughly 30° of actual head deflection to check my 6 in-game.

Edited by sascha

How Good is this trackIR5 ?  tell me what all you can do with this  thing in game . thank

Edited by texasjay

12 hours ago, texasjay said:

How Good is this trackIR5 ?  tell me what all you can do with this  thing in game . thank

look left/right/up/down in planes/tanks. technically you can use it with infantry too but i just use q/e on the ground.

trakir5 works great despite being limited in ww2ol. meaning we don't benefit from moving closer/further from the monitor/trackir nor do head movements up/down in your seat nor leaning left/right work. i can't fly without it.

I used TrackIR3 for the longest time but I sold it. I then tried an accelerometer-based tracker (EDTracker) but I'm going to get TrackIR again since even though I think the price is a complete ripoff it is by far a superior product to everything else on the market.

i like idea in plane is important check my 6 and about  inf  didn't we use to have  hip moving while back ,, like kinda peep side way or  be hide wall or window ? 

i hope it doesn't lag in game using it ,,  thank

Thinking about getting one  if it worth it

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0