Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bogol

specs if you DONT experience FPS degradation

40 posts in this topic

Please post your system specs if after 1.30 you did not experience a loss in FPS or increased stutters. It would be good I think to compare with those that are experiencing them and see where we might have the issue.

Hmmm I take it we all experience in some way or another stutters and FPS degradation?

Certainly sounds that way if the mac users I talk with are typical. All report a degradation in performance.

Actually my G5 works the same as always (lame but consistant). I think the better machines are having more trouble. I also think anyone with 2GB or less will be suffering for sure.

Interesting comment about "2GB or less." Are you saying that with 4GB performance is markedly better? Does this reduce crashes in addition to improving FPS? I've been speculating for the past few days that the lack of playability is a result of the way the software handles (or doesn't handle) memory as Free Memory (via Activity Monitor) drops to virtually zero as soon as you launch.

Playing on an iMac with 2.17 Intel processor, 2GB, which is supposedly well inside of System Requirements for the game, but it is basically unplayable most of the time.

Anyone getting better results with more memory? Thought I'd ask before increasing to 4GB.

Interesting comment about "2GB or less." Are you saying that with 4GB performance is markedly better? Does this reduce crashes in addition to improving FPS? I've been speculating for the past few days that the lack of playability is a result of the way the software handles (or doesn't handle) memory as Free Memory (via Activity Monitor) drops to virtually zero as soon as you launch.

Playing on an iMac with 2.17 Intel processor, 2GB, which is supposedly well inside of System Requirements for the game, but it is basically unplayable most of the time.

Anyone getting better results with more memory? Thought I'd ask before increasing to 4GB.

dont bother. 4Gb here and stutters if I run it on MAC are making it unplayable.

I can run with 2GB on my MBP if I log out and login before launching (but only with 1.30.2). 1.30.x has jacked up the memory a bunch.

However both platforms are having some memory related problem that messes up FPS that so far is a mystery. Doesn't affect everyone and every processor/video combo.

i have 3g and the fps are bad i try to put the resolution down but it only had a little effect and every time i hear a tank my speakers get distorted im thinking fps has something to do with that too

Bogol maybe you should post in the Barracks to get this thread some more attention. Most people probably don't wander in here unless they have a problem.

Git out of here cato, ur gonna make us catch a win cold or even worse flu. :)

U know i am kidding, right?

I'm currently playing on a 1st gen MBP, 2GB memory. Can't say I see any FPS degradation.

I have seen some smoke artifacts lately though.

Git out of here cato, ur gonna make us catch a win cold or even worse flu. :)

U know i am kidding, right?

Hey I had a mac at the office once!

iMac 2.4GHz

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon 2600HD

Set to maximum performance, so most eye candy turned off.

Haven't noticed any significant problems with fps. Just the CTD's I reported in the 1.30 bugs thread.

No significant loss of FPS here. If there is, I'm really not noticing it. CTDs are the same if not worse.

Macbook Pro 17"

OSX 10.5.7

2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo

3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon X1600 video card, 256 MB RAM

100GB 7200RPM drive

Dual-screened (laptop display plus 20" ViewSonic)

1680x1050x32 resolution, game settings custom with a slight bias toward better performance (most effects remain on, and sounds/player limit is high, but shadows and other non-important things are off for performance).

Playing on a wireless network (some cheaper wireless modem), with upper-tier DSL connection.

Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse.

I routinely get ~30 FPS on the ground, 40-50 if it's very empty and open, though it can dip quite a bit lower in larger battles, and especially if heavy trees/foliage are around (I get low single-digits when looking toward lots of trees through binocs etc). In the air, I get anywhere from 30-60 or so at most times.

Mouse bug effects my infantry play, looking into the sun still causes 50%+ reduction in FPS, and trees are a huge FPS-hog (as I mentioned above).

I routinely get ~30 FPS on the ground, 40-50 if it's very empty and open, though it can dip quite a bit lower in larger battles, and especially if heavy trees/foliage are around (I get low single-digits when looking toward lots of trees through binocs etc). In the air, I get anywhere from 30-60 or so at most times.

Mouse bug effects my infantry play, looking into the sun still causes 50%+ reduction in FPS, and trees are a huge FPS-hog (as I mentioned above).

Good fps, wish I had it :-) The single digit tree and binoc focus is the x1600 video card, its pretty wimpy fillrate-wise. Have you tried turning off the tree shader? I think you can do this still (?).

30+ at almost all times, 60+ if there's not a lot around. 1920x1080.

Mac Pro, quad-core, 4870 ATI 512 MB vid, 6GB Ram, Leopard.

Good fps' date=' wish I had it :-) The single digit tree and binoc focus is the x1600 video card, its pretty wimpy fillrate-wise. Have you tried turning off the tree shader? I think you can do this still (?).[/quote']

Hmm, thanks, I'll try! I'm pretty sure it's still there as a setting.

I have noticed that when the stuttering begins and the FPS drops down to around 8 FPS, you can look to either side (playing infantry) and the stuttering will go away, the frame rate will go back up. Once you look straight on again the frame rate will drop down again and the stuttering will begin again. It's very frustrating. Almost makes me want to download the game on the PC and forget playing on the iMac.

iMac 24" 2.66GHz - 4 gig memory - broadband (comcast high speed)

One suggestion I would give is try turning the player tags off while you're getting the stutters. I see a 3-4x improvement in my FPS when I do that. If nothing else, it smooths things out very nicely.

I almost always play without tags on because I like the immersion, find it less distracting, and it helps my FPS.

I did not see a degradation in FPS, maybe a slight improvement, but its roughly the same:

1.83 GHz Mac Mini Intel Core Duo

1 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

1280 x 1024

Leopard

One suggestion I would give is try turning the player tags off while you're getting the stutters. I see a 3-4x improvement in my FPS when I do that. If nothing else, it smooths things out very nicely.

I almost always play without tags on because I like the immersion, find it less distracting, and it helps my FPS.

I did not see a degradation in FPS, maybe a slight improvement, but its roughly the same:

1.83 GHz Mac Mini Intel Core Duo

1 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

1280 x 1024

Leopard

Good idea unless you fly. I have played a few missions just for fun without tags and man I got dizzy ...

Just got the entry level 24" iMac with 4GB and the 9400 nvidia chipset running at 1900x1200 and I get good FPS (40-50) until I look toward a town, or see certain users (I don't know why it's certain users), or spawn at an airfield under certain conditions. In town is not playable and when the above things happen, I typically drop to around 5fps.

I'm going to try and do some testing to see if I can narrow down these instances of fps drops...

No significant loss of FPS here. If there is, I'm really not noticing it. CTDs are the same if not worse.

Macbook Pro 17"

OSX 10.5.7

2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo

3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon X1600 video card, 256 MB RAM

100GB 7200RPM drive

Dual-screened (laptop display plus 20" ViewSonic)

1680x1050x32 resolution, game settings custom with a slight bias toward better performance (most effects remain on, and sounds/player limit is high, but shadows and other non-important things are off for performance).

Playing on a wireless network (some cheaper wireless modem), with upper-tier DSL connection.

Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse.

Same for me. I've noticed any change (don't say there aren't any though).

I have the first aluminium iMac from august 2007 with 3GB RAM.

Its funny that on my MBP even if the FPS are not as high I dont experience the fluctuations and stutters as much as on the iMac.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0