Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vzaitsev

Computer shuts down/reboots after in a vehicle for some time...

34 posts in this topic

For some reason, ever since the patch, my computer has been completely shutting off (that is, like it was restarted/rebooted) after it freezes for about .5 a second.

This happens if I am any vehicle for any amount of time. It also happened today when I was in a bofors on the side of the hill in Huy.

Not sure if this is related to the messages that pop up announcing cp captures or not, as the bofors crash happened when one popped up.

This isn't my hardware, I tested it by running several other video games (CS:Source, Garrys Mod, Red Orchestra) without any problems at all... It isn't heat because I monitored the temperature and even during intense battles in WWIIOL, my heat on my cpu doesn't go up above 40 celcius. (plus if have 3 exterior fans, plus one on the graphics card and a huge one w/ cooling unit on my CPU itself)

Will test removing the announcement messages to see if that helps...

Included some information from DxDiag

-----------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/12/2009, 16:15:01

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3582MB RAM

Page File: 678MB used, 4786MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Radeon X1950 Pro

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7280)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&SUBSYS_E190174B&REV_9A

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6925 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 2/25/2009 16:41:10, 325120 bytes

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1458E601&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5282 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

I have the same problem, my pc restarts to when I use vehicles. I opened a support ticket about it and they are on it now.

How recent is your audio driver? Out of date Realtek drivers have been known to cause problems with WWIIOL.

Not sure how recent it is... (so probably semi-old, by one or two years)

Yeah, I tested the on-screen message thing and that didn't really help. (though I don't crash in some airplanes or panhards for some reason) I crashed immediately upon spawning in an M10 and trying to start it.

I am quite annoyed I am having the same issue!!! Anytime I get in a plane, boat, sometimes in a tank I get a momentary sound hang then game crash's then you see the blue screen of death for a few seconds and then the Computer restarts!

I was thinking I was the only one until reading this thread and my thought process was that with whatever recent patch the 3D rendering somehow became more tasking which was causing any fast moving vehicle like a plane or boat or tank too cause my 8800 GTX too PULL too much power for my 600W PS to be able to handle making it trip off!

But now that I am seeing this is a more common occurence not just happening too me then I am asking that one of the RATS pls get this fixed as I love the KM and my DD's and not being able to play my DD really sucks!

I updated my video card drivers yesterday, I don't know if that realy worked. I am now waiting what BLOO replies to me.

But knowing that other players have the same problem as you do helps to keep positive thinking.

I am having this exact same problem.

Infantry does not cause the problem.

I was wondering if having the map open had anything to do with it in addition to vehicles. Going to try updating my sound drivers.

Grundy

I had to turn off the announcements like CP cap'd that pop up on screen. When they would come up my game would stutter and freeze out. You can turn them off under your settings.

Then again last night it just started stuttering out for no reason. As I went to take off the game went to 1 FPS and I had nothing extra running in the back ground. I had good internet in and out, but maybe I was still getting packet loss. I couldn't tell cause I have every thing ogg my screen (meaning no chat, map/compass. Just game. Good luck

Ya, problem wasn't fixed for me, it even happens in ATGs... Infantry is the only immunity i have from it.

As someone stated earlier, usually the sound hangs for a second, then crash... However it hasn't always "hung'" before it crashes, but that is what it often does...

Infantry has immunity for me to. But it sometimes happens with a lmg too after a longer time.

You can try to shut down some processes running like Groovenote.exe and onenotem.exe. (That is what I got from the rats untill now.)

oooh, mine does this too, i thought it was just my knackered machine, although it's only been doing it since 1.30.

I have a X1950pro too....

I recognize that sound, had it thursday to. I have the impression the problem get worse. It now also affects inf sometimes, like yesterday 2 times in 40 minutes.

I got from the rats that there programmers are investigating the problem. So I guess we just need to have patience.

Got the same problem on my old computer with v1.30.

Usely uses it for towing/MS's.

Got AC'97 on computer but having sound disabled in game.

I def. have a lot of patience, it'd just be nice to be able to play w/o having to worry about reboots & freezes all the time.

i get this problem flying, ok for a while then lose the engine sound the computer shuts down and restarts.

It definitely affects infantry now to. I decided to take a break untill the rats fixed it, I am only trying to make it to my squad ops time.

Yep, the problem definitely broke my spirit.

How can it be the game if its getting worse with time? Surely must be a hardware failure. The only time I had problem like this was when my power supply was dying.

My system requirements are all met and it is the only program with a problem.

How do I do a system diagnosis?

It's not a hardware problem, this is the only program doing this, my temperature is ave. and sometimes below ave. when playing...

I've had hardware problems before, and i've checked everything, this isn't a hardware problem, especially considering there are so many other people having the exact same problem since 1.30 was released.

So that may stop the restarting, but does that mean it will just freeze needing a restart? (I did have that checked btw)

It's not a hardware problem...' date='QUOTE']

Look, if it's not a hardware problem, a clean re-install will fix it, period.

If it is hardware...,:

--if it ain't over heating..., open your case and blast it with a fan just to make sure.

--look at your bio settings..., any re-boot yes/no?

--Ram too tight? maybe a bad sector..., loosen the timing.

--Gf card is hot? or bad voltage? clean the fan and or sweeten the voltage up abit.

--defrag?

--like the other guy said..., power supply might be porked.

But yeah, no, it can't be hardware..., must be the game, right?

ratszo

How is it then that so many of us having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM would all have the same hardware issues? It has to be something with the game, otherwise it would be unique to just me.

If my computer is resetting itself because it was told to, then that just means the game itself has frozen or something else like that.

Example:

Yesterday (before I found out about settings in My Computer) I ran around as infantry for a long time. As soon as I tried to spawn as a plane, I started the engine and began going... NO engine sound... I immediately turned the engine off (trying to avoid what I knew was coming) and tried to stop the plane and despawn... Didn't work, sure enough... Game froze and computer reset...

Explain why then, was I able to fly a P-38 and other aircraft just Sunday for a long time without any issues? It is only when I step into certain aircraft/vehicles that the game freezes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0