Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fearny

AGP Card

11 posts in this topic

What is the best AGP graphics card out there i can get? Yes i know my system sucks but at the moment i haven't a ton of cash i can spend on a new PC.

In fact, the MoBo is ASUS P4M800 - M7

Any idea what the best RAM, graphics and sound card i can get are?

ozogpub1 haz win. :)

X1950 is nearly as good as the 3650 apparently. So I would say save the money and get a totally new PC.

ozogpub1 haz win. :)

X1950 is nearly as good as the 3650 apparently. So I would say save the money and get a totally new PC.

Fair enough, nothing i can do to meh pentium4 to crack it up a notch any more? :(

Radeon 3850 is the best (and last) AGP card. But as you are CPU limited it would not help you much. Stick with the X1950 and try to buy as much Ram as your motherboard will support. Thats what I am doing to be able to run 2 accounts on 1 computer again (just bid for 2x2GB matched sticks of CL4 Ram, last posible upgrade for my system)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card,1923-6.html

Forever rumored and now finally available to purchase, the Radeon 3850 is a curiously powerful card for the aging AGP bus. In fact, it’s possibly too powerful to be properly utilized on the single-core CPUs that are typically found on this platform.

Regardless, this is the most powerful AGP card you can get. Perhaps you have an AGP gaming system you just can’t bear to part with, or perhaps you an anomalous motherboard that has both a dual-core CPU and AGP — whatever the reason, you can’t get better than an AGP 3850. If anyone ever releases a more powerful card in the future for the dying bus, we’ll be incredibly surprised.

Stick with the X1950 and try to buy as much Ram as your motherboard will support.

I only have 2 slots :(

Any idea what the best RAM i can put in them is?

I am sorry. Google says 2GB is maximum for the board you have :(

Although I am not sure which board you have (socket 478 or 775?) all of them have a 2GB limit (some boards support ddr and ddr2).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0