Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nautilus

Saitek X52 Joystick unit lights blinking

14 posts in this topic

My joystick unit does not work. Everything on the throttle unit works fine.

The lights on the joystick are blinking every 5 seconds. I tried restarting, unplugging, etc.

Mine acted a bit squirrely awhile ago. I unplugged it and the connected it again and reinstalled the drivers and it has been ok since.

hmm i found out that on the throttle if you press the button with I on it blinks but that it.

just do the usual unistall drivers, reinstall and stuff it should work some way!

The "i" button {located on the throttle below the "D" button} locks all the buttons on the joystick, press the "i" button again to unlock.

i have same, problem, when i unistalled the drivers and installed it again, it stays like it suppsoed to be for liek 3 seconds and then it continues blinking (just the joystick)... the throttle works and everything, but the jostick dosent work or reacts to movement.

if that doesn't work try updating the chipset drivers then unload and reload drivers for the joystick drivers again.

If it's at all possible, try to connect it to another computer and see if it works there.

The X52 isn't perfect, I know. I had to exchange mine twice before I got one that wasn't faulty.

contact saitek tech support. your joystick is borked. Mine did the blinky thing and was not recognized and had to be replaced.

Haven't had any problems with mine so far (touch wood).

I would go with the good advice above, contact Saitek.

microsoft also has a windows update that is for x52. dont know what it did but i have xp and updated mine

sounds like it looks like this

replaced that one because one of the wheels was also farked. not sure if the blinky thing was something I could have fixed as I was already annoyed by the wheel and just wanted a new one.

Ok, i had this today after moving my computer and putting the saitek in another usb port then before.

What fixed it for me was this simple thing´, right click my computer, choose properties, hardware, device manager and Human interface devices, rightclick the saitek usb and uninstall it. Then put the saitek in another free usb port and viola, it works (at least it did for me). There is some trouble with saitek x52 and other hud devices that i know of since before, but if this works, we dont need to go into that.

GL m8!

I had a similar experience when I tried to plug the X52 into a USB hub. My guess was that it was not receiving enough juice to power everything. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're experiencing, but the lights did flicker and it didn't really work, although I think it also affected the throttle. Maybe your cable between the JS and throttle is going bad.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0