• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dakotasv

MEMORY CRASHES

53 posts in this topic

Just for the heck of it try the non-sse2 version and see if that changes anything.

I have done that (non sse version). I also did a compete remove and replace of the game.

I did a remove and replace of my video driver and I m$ running the ATI latest version for the HD 3600.

Edited by biggio

same problems since yesterday (14 Sept)

"out of memory" window message and/or CTD

i have same pc configuration since 1+ year and never had a problem.

vista64, 4GB RAM, ATI 3870

BUT, yesterday i updated ATI Catalyst driver, was playing with 9.6

installed 9.9

mby a Catalyst problem?

It's probably Catalyst doing this..9.8 screwed up the game big time,9.9 is more stable but I still crash sometimes. 9.7 is the best so far for the game.

Got an out of memory error a couple of days ago on my new rig with 6 gigs of ram. Playing for about 30 mins before it happened.

Win7 64bit

Got an out of memory error a couple of days ago on my new rig with 6 gigs of ram. Playing for about 30 mins before it happened.

Win7 64bit

ATI user i bet?

btw, try to delete any file inside your documents/BE folder.

fixed for me :]

just ended 3 hours of game with zero CTD/outofmemory

after 3 days of crashes every 10/20mins (i blame 9.9 Catalyst)

in Vista64---> "C:\Users\YourPCname\Documents\Battleground Europe" , delete anything about "cfml" folder (keymapping).

start game, set your resolution and audio volume. enjoy

make sure you guys are completely removing the old video drivers, before installing new ones.

i noticed that i use to play fine on the 180 drivers from nvidia, then i upgraded to the 190 drivers and i get the smartheap error now.

ATI user i bet?

in Vista64---> "C:\Users\YourPCname\Documents\Battleground Europe" , delete anything about "cfml" folder (keymapping).

Without my keymapper settings the game is useless to me.

BTW that wouldn't be a driver problem, that would be a problem with CRS's last patch or an unintended change.

I had to RMA my BFG 295 H2OCBE, it didn't have a problem but my older ATI 2900 HD XT with 1 gig of DDR5 does, which I have to use till Monday. :(

I'm thinking that maybe you were expierncing a different problem with maybe a corrupt or wrongly edited CFML file.

Edited by prodius

make sure you guys are completely removing the old video drivers, before installing new ones.

i noticed that i use to play fine on the 180 drivers from nvidia, then i upgraded to the 190 drivers and i get the smartheap error now.

I did driver sweep of the old NVIDIA files and drivers, fresh 9.9 cat installed (first time).

ATImkdag errors all over newer games and it's not just my series of card.

Seems ATI still hasn't gotten thier driver problems solved.

After 4 successive ATI cards with hosts of errors I really enjoyed the NVIDIA drivers in comparison.

NVIDIA still gets recovery errors in games like Red Faction Guerrilla but so does ATI and that seems to be coding error on the RFG Devs.

Edited by prodius

ATI user i bet?

I removed 9.9 and wnet back to 9.6 same up to 9.7 same...

Just re-subbed in anticipation of 1.31.

After installing 1.30, couldn't get through game w/o a "out of memory error". Oh well, good time to re-install OS, drivers etc.

Did it all; updated drivers for everything, still get out of memory errors.

Set-up

WinXP SP3

7750 BE

4 GB RAM

4850 w CAT 9.9

Thank god I only subscribed for a month; canceled my "recurring" subscription so RATS have until end of Oct to sort out with or w/o 1.31.

Until then back to EVE and something like Fighter Ace I guess.

Its a random memory value, anything you do different to your system may change the random value (like different drivers, OS, etc). When the random value hits, you often get the OOM dialog. Finding this is really really hard since by nature its random. On my bootcamped macpro with gt120 it never hits me at all.

This is by far the hardest kind of bug to catch, it always happens to someone else when you need it to happen to you. If I were to build a special version just to catch this error, it might change the error enough to make it not happen. Damn Heisenberg and his stupid uncertainly principle!

Building a "special version" of 1.31 will be the only way I can snag this sucker, but its not easy to do under Windows. It may require an NDA from people who get the error frequently (and who are still around) since it will have debugging info. Not quite ready for that yet, but its the only way to nail it for sure.

Edited by AHWULF

Well I uninstalled all ATI drivers for both the video card and South bridge on my Gigabyte SB750 MB.

I then reinstalled JUST the CAT 9.7's and I did not install the CAT 9.7 SB750 drivers. The South bridge drivers are for the ATI 3300 on board video card I have on my MB.

I have been playing for the last 2-3 hrs; no problems as of yet.

I'll try this for a week or two and then install the CAT 9.7 SB750 drivers; see what happens.

Been playing for years and today my screen started flickering in the game.. and i thought it was about time to update my drivers .. used the ones i got with the cd for my HD4770.. Now i know what you guys mean with the mem-problem.. CTD or OOM-error.. and while playing i switch to windows and open the TaskManager and there i can see how much memory the game is using.. and it climbs.. and climbs.. and climbs... not strange it crashes, it can't climb forever.. but why did i get this error after updating my gfx-drivers?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0