• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

18 posts in this topic

I finally saw some of the 1.31 goodness today at Rat HQ. Very very cool. Pretty amazing stuff. The wait will be worth it. My jaw is aching...

Hint: get a good Mac! Get a very good Mac.

If I can get Chase to agree, I will be buying a Mac Pro this week.

I finally saw some of the 1.31 goodness today at Rat HQ. Very very cool. Pretty amazing stuff. The wait will be worth it. My jaw is aching...

I need a new PC

/runs

Argh, the forum ate my response.

No way to know about performance changes yet. I do know a ton of engine stuff has happened, but the ultimate effect on different Macs/video cards is hard to know until its ready for closed beta. The video card will become more important in 1.31, and the CPU probably less important to performance but I'm guessing.

Ordered my MacProQuad :-)

I can feel a great disturbance in your savings...

Congrats!

PS, dont tell any rats, but I got my MBP becuse of the Intel version of game in 1.24

1.24????.....

OMG, that long?!?!?!

Argh, the forum ate my response.

No way to know about performance changes yet. I do know a ton of engine stuff has happened, but the ultimate effect on different Macs/video cards is hard to know until its ready for closed beta. The video card will become more important in 1.31, and the CPU probably less important to performance but I'm guessing.

Excellent, now you'll be able to experience the full power of the sun FPS drop. Unless that's been fixed in 1.31 [fingers crossed].

Did you get the Radeon card or are you going to go for the 3rd party nVidia upgrade?

Got the base 120 card, and will upgrade as I get more money. I will be using the new bigmac to hunt down memory overwrites on both platforms. There are a lot of them (seemingly) and the only way to catch em is with a high powered computer played under stress conditions running under a ton of debugging stuff. My poor G5 would be running at -1 fps.

That's a little upsetting. I'm NOT going to get a new Mac just to play this game. My 24" intel iMac works just fine for designing and other programs. Having to get a Mac Pro just to play this game .... well... (bye, bye game)

we need to send Motoromouth on a ninja operation to get some picture, ii s far too dangerousss (hyhy)

That's a little upsetting. I'm NOT going to get a new Mac just to play this game. My 24" intel iMac works just fine for designing and other programs. Having to get a Mac Pro just to play this game .... well... (bye' date=' bye game)[/quote']

Sorry, I'm getting a MacPro because I want one, not because the game requires one. My Dual G5 is five years old and near its deathbed. I also do music on the side, and the G5 can't cope anymore.

As I said, there is no way to know performance until we can run it in closed beta. In any case as is today, you will be able to adjust features to match performance.

If you are getting decent FPS today you shouldn't have any issues with 1.31. My Mac had issues with 1.2x so its time to upgrade. I'm tired of playing in single digits FPS.

we need to send Motoromouth on a ninja operation to get some picture' date=' ii s far too dangerousss (hyhy)[/quote']

This is not in 1.31. The new phasers only have a stun setting.

Savings?

savings account.

as in bank account.

as in what you used to pay for BMac

Credit is just defered payment.

Eek.. I couldn't afford a new Mac, either, if the game required. I'm still on a MBP (17" circa 2007, but maxed out), which still works great for my work (design, Flash (heavy on the coding), some light motion work)...but I couldn't justify buying a new one just for the game (hell, I couldn't even afford it). :(

If you are getting decent FPS now, probably will be OK for 1.31. You might have to turn off some goodies. I've lived with 8-13 for so long I know that probably won't cut it with 1.31. I bet I had one of the slowest macs still in use for playing (other than Frantish's magic antique).

Still, we won't know for sure for a few weeks what it will be like. This is the first major engine change, basically since 1.0.

If you are getting decent FPS now, probably will be OK for 1.31. You might have to turn off some goodies. I've lived with 8-13 for so long I know that probably won't cut it with 1.31. I bet I had one of the slowest macs still in use for playing (other than Frantish's magic antique).

Still, we won't know for sure for a few weeks what it will be like. This is the first major engine change, basically since 1.0.

You mac types are a rare breed indeed. My hat's off to you folks and Ahwulf for helping them all out.

If it's any comfort, I rejoice when I spike above 10FPS these days. so it's not just a mac thing.

I average about 15-30 Fps with a 2007 MBP 15" 2gig ram 256ram GFX card hopefully 1.31 wont kill my comp I can't afford a new one either atm. My cpu is fast but the vid side is lacking and pcs and vista are to much of a mem and cpu who're for my work. wouldn't be worth subbing anymore might just have to switch to console gaming... :(

sure wish someone could code to speed up performance for OSX when playing a wincrap based game like bootcamp did for auto cad its ten times faster on my 2 yr old mac then my brand new work pc laptop I bought :/

WTF

maybe bootcamp will speed it up!

Most of the mac desktop models and MBPs today get the same performance as PCs today. At same point in the past, most Macs were much suckier. Today the hardware is more than good enough running opengl.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0