Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denizzz

Resigned, but staying away longer

9 posts in this topic

Well as have already told I resigned because of the simple fact that I can't play the game because its broken down on both my computers.

I was expecting to get a new computer next month but that has unfortunally been delayed to atleast the end of october I guess. That means I can't play the game till the 'out of memory' issues are fixed.

I do have a new macbook which can run the game though but I do not think its comfortable enough to play the game with HC tasks on that thing ;).

Well, hope to see you all and the blue letters back either when its fixed or I have a computer which plays the game :).

S!

I was getting alot of errors and ctdt so got an old 20gig HD and did a clean install of OS and BE, nothing else on it and worked my way backwards with video drivers until I would only get the odd disconnection issue. Was trying my old HD install after 1.30 and got heaps of memory errors while the Clean install HD was fine then I checked the drivers and changed the old one to the exact same driver version on the 20gig HD and had no problems with memory at all since then.

Icruel has the correct approach here.I have my HD partitioned into 2 separate OS's.XP in 1 and XP on the other1.Call it game,install only TS,wwiiol.

When you boot,choose game comp. to play.Clean OS,no updates no anti V..nothing but the game&candies for it.Seek the optimum Vdrivers and tweek them for it.

You should be good

S!

Speed

Icruel has the correct approach here.I have my HD partitioned into 2 separate OS's.XP in 1 and XP on the other1.Call it game,install only TS,wwiiol.

When you boot,choose game comp. to play.Clean OS,no updates no anti V..nothing but the game&candies for it.Seek the optimum Vdrivers and tweek them for it.

You should be good

S!

Speed

Hmm, on my Apple laptop I am going XP as well (legally, I dont want that fuzzle with pirated windows), can I install it BOTH on the Mac and on this vista computer?

Moved this to Mac forum, these guys in here should be able to help you Denizzz. - Alphie

Eh, we don't know windows here much. I am installing XP on bootcamp today so I can do some PC testing, mostly for memory overwrite problems such as you are having. Otherwise I know little to help on the Windows version.

Hmm' date=' on my Apple laptop I am going XP as well (legally, I dont want that fuzzle with pirated windows), can I install it BOTH on the Mac and on this vista computer?[/quote']

You'll need to register your XP install with Microsoft, so no, you can't run the same license on two computers.

But, in a pinch, you can download Win7 for free and its good until March 2010. If XP will work, win7 should work too as long as there are vista drivers for your hardware.

Did I mention its free?!?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0