Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oneskunk

Game Won't Start

57 posts in this topic

Still no joy. Thanks for all the suggestions Ramsey, there were some things I hadn't tried but it just doesn't want to run on this machine for some reason. I just went through the processes list and turned stuff off one at a time to see if that made any difference but no go. If it's all the same with you I think I'll keep it though. I'd feel kind of stupid whacking a 4k machine with a hammer. :)

Still no joy. Thanks for all the suggestions Ramsey' date=' there were some things I hadn't tried but it just doesn't want to run on this machine for some reason. I just went through the processes list and turned stuff off one at a time to see if that made any difference but no go. If it's all the same with you I think I'll keep it though. I'd feel kind of stupid whacking a 4k machine with a hammer. :)[/quote']

lol now see, thats what i was trying to avoid by sending to me for the whacking you wouldn't have to deal with that feeling. :D

Now you know shutting off programs is not the same as pulling them. 9/10 from what i saw on here its usually another game.

I just don't get why it wont work on your's when i have an itty bitty laptop with that cheesy intel gl 40 chipset and it works here. granted its only at 4 fps but it does work.

On yours you should be cruising right along.

Edited by ramseyR

It looks like Guru3d has some new video drivers to try. I'll give them a shot tonight.

I know what you mean about it running on your little laptop. My old laptop had a Geforce Go 5600 with 64MB of VRAM or something like that, 1GB of RAM, and was generally old and slow. But the game ran fine until I dropped it. (ooops!) Then I had the chance to get this monster machine and I thought I'd be getting 500fps (not really but I figured it HAD to be better) and the game won't even start. :(

You know, worse comes to worse load up windows 7 get an rc copy of it so its a clean installation put the drivers in you need then load up ww2 see if it works. it maybe some silly crap they loaded on when it came from the factory.

Anytime i get a new lappy i always reformat it and get the junk off that comes preinstalled this way i dont have to fight with it later on down the road.

Hate to say it ram but windows 7 wont help either. I am having the same problems as him on my laptop and I got errors on both OS. The same error infact. =/ The only thing that worked for me was new drivers from laptop2go or whatever but they made everything unstable and I got constant BSOD.

In desparation I broke down and sprang for Win7. No difference. Game crashes immediately.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CRS\Battleground Europe\WW2_sse2.exe

File version: 1, 30, 3, 255

Program compile time: Aug 27 2009 11:32:36

Date and time: 10/26/2009 8:34:15

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x005bd59a

Exception tried to: read at address 0x00000000

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x0000002b, ES: 0x0000002b, FS: 0x00000053, GS: 0x0000002b

EBP: 0x0018fe78, ESP: 0x0018d978, SS: 0x0000002b, EIP: 0x005bd59a

ESI: 0xc0000005, EDI: 0x0018dd34

EAX: 0xc0000005, EBX: 0x0018fef8, ECX: 0xc0000005, EDX: 0x0018dd34

Have you tried running it in offline mode after all the suggestions?

Make sure you are doing the correct wwiiol thing too. You might, for some strange reason, be trying to use old Playgate or something.

Yep. Hopefully 1.31 will work better.

I had same problem game would not load practice or live game

Did you try the 191.3 beta driver or the other beta driver (190.something) ?** from nvidias web site

I think the 191.3 worked for me I have the 260 card

** I did have a second issue when I upgraded to windows 7 from vista 64 I checked device manager and I had a ? on one of my devices I used my old support cd updated driver from the cd drive and all was well

Good luck

For reasons that I don't understand the game has suddenly started working for me. Is there any way I can extend my subscription to make up for the time I wasn't able to play?

For what it's worth these are some changes I made recently before I noticed the game was working:

1. Added a thermaltake notebook cooler. I don't see why this would make a difference since my machine wasn't running hot but it is a change I made.

2. Added Mobilemeter laptop temperature monitoring software but I could not get it to run properly.

3. Added Hardware Monitor (http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php) software which seems to work fine. Not sure why Mobilemeter or HM would make any difference but throwing them out there just in case.

4. There were five MS updates for my machine last night. Four of them were MS Office update and one was MS Malicious Software removal tool. I can't imagine the Office updates would make a difference, not sure about the malicious software tool.

Those are the only recent things I can remember changing. I know when I changed to the latest driver at the end of October the game did not run. I can't think of anything else I changed between now and then.

The latest Nvidia driver I have is 195.39 from LapTopVideo2go: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

I hope this is helpful to anybody still having problems.

It's weird, the game won't load but sometimes now I do get the loading screen. It always seems to hang right at the beginning where it says "Initializing Sounds" or later when it says "Loading Sounds".

I do remember one thing I did differently before the game started working. I had hooked my computer up to my TV via an HDMI cable, which I know fiddles with both audio and video settings. After I finished showing stuff on the TV I unhooked the HDMI cable and a little later I tried playing the game and it worked.

Then yesterday my computer seemed a little flakey so I rebooted and I could no longer run the game.

My sound device is listed as "IDT High Definition Audio Codec" and the driver I think is the latest "something.something.6233" (can't remember the beginning but I'm sure about 6233).

Any tips on fixing sound issues, if that's what the problem is? Is there a way to completely disable sound, so that it doesn't even try to load any sounds, just to test?

ETA: Obviously I tried hooking and unhooking my HDMI cable again but this time it didn't seem to make a difference.

Edited by bkbskunk

Stupid question but do you have onboard sound AND a soundcard enabled? If you do, then disable what you don't need in the BIOS.

I'm having this same problem. Have gone through all the steps you have also. Have you had any luck today?

Ok, for some reason I just got the loading screen before it crashed at "Loading Sounds". I notice that when I actually get a loading screen and then it crashes, the error is different than when the game just crashes without ever getting to the loading screen:

Exception code: 0xc0000374

instead of:

Exception code: 0xc0000005

And just now I got a message that popped, I think from the WW2 loader that says:

Error Initializing Sound

Failed to initialize the sound device: [unkown Error]

Please check your sound card configuration and try again.

This is the first time that I've seen this error.

I just bought a fully loaded Alienware M17X, and got same problem as you, i hit start game and windows tell me it stopped working.

Sorry to hear that Fred. Do you have the GTX280M video cards also? And the IDT High Definition Audio Codec?

Correct for the sound and card, it's realy to bad, cause except for that game( wich i realy wnt a play) the M17X is quite a beast of a machine.

Yeah it is. A little hard on the lap at 15lbs or whatever. :) I never did figure out why the game started working for me last me week. Haven't been able log in since. At least I know the game WILL work, I just can't figure how to tweek the machine to get it going again. When it did work I was getting 60 - 100fps in heavy battles, wirelessly. :) I'm pretty convinced it's the sound card or a combination of the sound and video card, and possibly the power/sleep/hibernation settings.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0