• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fillmore

Sound goes wonky after time in big battles

10 posts in this topic

After playing in a heavily populated area for awhile my sound goes weird - it seems like it is losing track of which sounds belong to what. I can always hear my own footsteps fine but everything else goes in and out and its a mess. I play with low visibility limit on dial-up and it is like when objects go in and out of my resolution they are not being tracked properly - I fail to hear things that I should hear, while the things I do hear go in and out quickly; like the video renderer and audio renderer aren't on the same page as far as which objects to render (and the audio is on the wrong page lol).

Windows XP SP3

AMD Phenom II X3 720

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI-E

GA-MA790X-UD4P MoBo w/onboard sound disabled in BIOS

DXDiag shows no problems and I have the latest drivers (it's a new system for me).

I was running with 64 sounds, I am about to try with 32; if that doesn't help I will try 128. I keep things clean with a minimum of startup processes and services.

Going down to 32 sounds didn't help. When it happens the buttons in the UI don't make clicking noises either. And I think it isn't losing track of which sounds to play as much as just sounds cutting in and out very fast (mostly out).

Mine does the same and I also have the Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI-E...it takes longer to go wonky at 32 sounds for me though. I got tired of trying to figure it out and just started re-booting after every 90 minutes or so.

Ya, seemed to take a bit longer when I went to 32 sounds. I will try 128 and see how that works ;-(

EDIT: hrmm, so far 128 sounds hasn't messed up, but not quite the intensity of battles yet so time will tell, but if you haven't tried 128 sounds try it.

Edited by fillmore

Could be a heat problem.

I solved my sound problems by turning one of my case fans speeds higher when play BE.

Ya, seemed to take a bit longer when I went to 32 sounds. I will try 128 and see how that works ;-(

EDIT: hrmm, so far 128 sounds hasn't messed up, but not quite the intensity of battles yet so time will tell, but if you haven't tried 128 sounds try it.

It will. I went back to 64 sounds.

I have an XFI gamer PCI (not PCIE) and run at 64 and 128 sounds with no issues.

XP is a good start. I also run the youp pax drivers which I think make things so much better for WW2.

Make sure you use the PCI-E ones. Worth a go if you struggle with creative drivers.

http://www.driverheaven.net/youp-pax-drivers/

Thanks for the link bager.

How much memory do you have ?

Is it true what they say on the Pax forum that hardware acceleration won't work if you have more then 3.5gb of RAM ?

Maybe this is the issue more then anything else.

Well I have 4GB of Ram but XP only uses 3GB max so it's a bit pointless but I bought matched 2GB chips.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0