Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Smartheap errors and the like

132 posts in this topic

During open beta (assuming this smartheap version works better) we should have a special feature to trap this error, so if anyone gets it, we can figure it out better.

This error is killing me. I cannot seem to play more than 10 mins if I am lucky.

My Machine specs are:

Intel QX6800 C2Quad extreme @ 3.5 GHz

4 GB DDR2 1066 RAM

ATI 4870 512 MB

X-Fi extreme sound

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

WW2ol is on 2 150 GB WD raptors in RAID 0

Please someone help me. I have had to unsub because the game is unplayable.

Win7 works for some people on 1.30 -- but its not an officially supported OS until 1.31. Changes had to be made for 1.31 to make it work correctly since the released version of W7 is still very new.

#1 When should open beta be out?

P.S make me a beta tester for closed beta if possible,

I get the error basicaly all the time...So it'le help when i get it to trap it.

I seemed to stopped the samrtheap issue on my machine. At least I did not experience it last night.

I reduced my res from 1600x1050 to 1440x900 and also turned off all the top screen HUD.

Don't know which one helped but I will increase my res today and leave the HUD off and see if I still have the same issue.

I did have one cthl but I am using ati 9.11 drivers which may have been the cause from what I am seeing in this forum.

played 4 hours straight today no library error. I am afraid to change my res back though.

The longest I was able to play before I made the above changes was 10 mins. no it seems not to be an issue.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency to it that I can see. Sometimes it occurs after 20 mins sometimes not even after 6 hours, with other apps running and without etc. I'm on win7 64 bit with 6 gigs of ram.

for a little while, i can play without errors,but that was like last week...

Now i cant even get on the virtual battlfeild loading screen without crashing...

this error is seriously pssn me off. i've tried most all changes within reason to get it to work, everytime i am attempting to do something very important it crashes, justlike when i was capping the last cp left in beaumont(which we lost anyway) and fkn heap error came up just as i was mowing down 2 ei... so sick and tired of my gaming being interupted for an error.....

Had this today, everything stopped, tabbed out and game was using 1.6GB of RAM and had Smartheap error. Using Vista with 2GB RAM, ATI 4850. Just resubbed after a year to see what game is like now, seems extremely unstable compared to 1 year ago - can hardly stay in game for more than 20 mins.

Hi.

Two days ago I started experiencing this problem after I updated my Catalyst drivers. My computer:

Q6600@3,6Ghz

4 GB DDR3

ATI 4870

Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Drivers ATI Catalyst 9.9

After updated to Ati Catalyst 9.11, the smartheap error was stopping my game every 10-15 minutes.

Today I have downgraded to ATI Catalyst 9.9, and since then, the error is gone. At least, I have played for 1,5 hour without the error. Perhaps the error is related to the Catalyst driver, tomorrow will test again.

Bye.

As I've been saying, the error is random, and any change to your environment can make it happen more or make it go away completely. This is why this is so hard to find, reproducing it on cue is impossible. I'm hoping the new smartheap will help nail it.

Well I have tracked down the cause on my machine. It is the HUD at the upper right that shows FPS/Ping. I turn it on and sure enough I Smartheap within 10 mins every time.

Turn it off I can play all day with all the eye candy on no probs.

Just happened to me, I run windows 7 pro 64bit. AMD cpu dual core, 7950 gt's in SLI, 4 gig of ram.

My other rig runs vista 64bit, 8 gig of ram and I never had this error

bummer

Well I have tracked down the cause on my machine. It is the HUD at the upper right that shows FPS/Ping. I turn it on and sure enough I Smartheap within 10 mins every time.

Turn it off I can play all day with all the eye candy on no probs.

Thank you. Another player had same problem. I instructed to try this and it helped! He was constantly having out of memory error!

TRY THIS!

Thank you. Another player had same problem. I instructed to try this and it helped! He was constantly having out of memory error!

TRY THIS!

Yep, I did the same thing...was getting CTD about 10-15 mins into the game, sometimes longer, but always got them. Turned off the FPS counter, have been solid ever since.

Were you getting the Smartheap message popping up before Moxin?

I haven't seen that bit of info reported in the context of ATI crashes, and never got it when I got those crashes, with pre 10.1 drivers.

Programmers are looking at this now.

Ollie made a fix today that *might* solve the problem for 1.31. If you use netcode2 and show the fps/ping counter in the HUD, there was a memory leak. For now either turn off netcode2 or the fps counter window or both.

Have an ATI 4350 on my wife's machine. Game ran flawlessly until I updated to the latest Catalyst driver, at which point I started getting the SmartHeap memory error and regular CTD's. Turning off the FPS HUD display solved tthe problem and it now runs flawlessly. 4GB, Windows 7 32bit.

Have an ATI 4850 on my office machine. Ironically, game was unstable until I downloaded the latest Catalyst driver, at which point it started running flawlessly, even with the FPS HUD turned on. 8GB, Windows 7 64bit.

(1) What version did you start seeing the "Smartheap error" in?

(2) How often does it happen?

(3) What percentage of CTD's is it?

(4) Any other details about when it seems to happen most?

Report your specs as usual - CPu type / memory / OS version / video card

-----------------------

1. 1.30

2. when loading game at the very end of the loading cycles.

3. Constantly.

4. Just reactivated accoount and reinstalled game. While being inactive i have reinstalled my Vista 32-bit....actually it was 3 days ago, so very little is installed on the computer right now.

CPU: Intel 6850E DC 3.0GHz

Memory: Corsair DDR2 PC8500 - 4 GB

Vista 32-bit

Asus Geforce 8800GT 512mb - running on most reason drivers.

Have only had very rare mem issues in the past.

Edited by gagamel

Only difference from when i was running game with no issies earlier, is that i now have my C: on a Intel SSD, and i have another Virus/firewall program than then(Comodo its called).

...if that do you any good :)

(1) What version did you start seeing the "Smartheap error" in?

(2) How often does it happen?

(3) What percentage of CTD's is it?

(4) Any other details about when it seems to happen most?

Report your specs as usual - CPu type / memory / OS version / video card

-----------------------

1. 1.30

2. when loading game at the very end of the loading cycles.

3. Constantly.

4. Just reactivated accoount and reinstalled game. While being inactive i have reinstalled my Vista 32-bit....actually it was 3 days ago, so very little is installed on the computer right now.

CPU: Intel 6850E DC 3.0GHz

Memory: Corsair DDR2 PC8500 - 4 GB

Vista 32-bit

Asus Geforce 8800GT 512mb - running on most reason drivers.

Have only had very rare mem issues in the past.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0