• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devildawg

"Out of Memory windows"

8 posts in this topic

This is the 3rd time this week I've been in game and I've crashed in the middle of a lovely firefight to see a window pop up with something along the lines of "Out of Memory, etc." Playing the game is the only time I ever see this message pop up, and my system may be about 2 years old, but it's still in good running shape. I have no trouble at all with it. Anyone know what gives with this constant crap?

i know they said they are fixing it, but this is rediculous i pay for this game so that i can play, not spawn in 3 times then get booted, then repeat. im moreless just frustrated...

ya ive stopped playing now for a bit till this gets resolved cause i can only play like 15 min till i start getting the out of memory errors.

am close to unsubbing as i aint played now for a bout 3 weeks, tried again today and got the same things.

it's ever since this god-awful patch came in, same gameplay, same computer, but numerous problems.

game is worthless for me at moment, so not worth the money paid, but i keep checking incase someone finds something out.

seem to find it's the main battles and during the main action, but well i don't want to payt to sit in empty towns 99 times out of 100 because this game cannot handle more.

bigdave,

although they game probably is the only game that gives you this problem. there is other games/programs that get this same error.

if you google smartheap(which im sure is the issue your getting also) you can see there other other programs/games that have trouble with this issue and its been a on going thing for a while.

but there probably is something in the game code that is causing this problem, which is why their working on trying to resolve the issue.

I'm working on this. It doesn't happen to everyone, which makes it tough. What I really need to more information on what computers never get the problem and which ones always do. I never get it on my Mac running XP, no matter what I do. As I said in the sticky, its either (1)something in the game not everyone sees or (2) something in your computers environment (like video card driver). I'm still think (2).

Smartheap throws up the "out of memory" error when you hit whatever causes this bug. Since it only happens to a % of people, unless we can figure out the exact trigger its hard to know how to fix it. I have a guess it might be some setting in the smartheap configuration that is too small, but hard to know if it fixes anything if I can't reproduce this.

You only see the "smartheap" error since the game started using smartheap, which has improved performance a lot in most cases; this is likely a side effect you either never saw before smartheap, or got a generic CTD instead.

Any detail is useful. What you were spawned in as, where, how active the area, what video card and driver version, CPU type. How soon did the error occur after starting play, and how long into the current spawn. How commonly do you get it (100% or 1%).

This is beatable, like any good CSI story, you just have to find hair and fibers, scrape a little DNA, and bingo the sucker is guilty.

Well to answer the one thing u asked. the latest ive gotten this error was yesterday.

Any detail is useful. What you were spawned in as, where, how active the area, what video card and driver version, CPU type. How soon did the error occur after starting play, and how long into the current spawn. How commonly do you get it (100% or 1%).

1) i was spawned in as a bofors, i believe it was in Dun. the area looks medium active, but not really around the ab where i was.

2) AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 5200+ 2.61ghz

3gigs of DDR2 RAM(i believe its DDR2)

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT, latest 190 drivers.

3) i started getting the error about 15 minutes into the first mission i did. i hit ignore and i was able to play again for about another 10 min but then when i went to despawn after my 2nd mission, i got it again then hit ignore, and on the main screen it was black like the greenish border around the map and mission/brigade window(where you select where you want to go and such). then i just left the game.

5) i seem to be getting it more and more often lately the past week or so. only way to seem to currently fix it, is reboot my comp.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0