• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Snow Leopard

40 posts in this topic

The standard install process does seem to be the buggiest in recent memory. Out of 3 machines I've upgraded (2009 MacPro, 2006 iMac and 2008 iMac), all three had to be wiped and clean installed to fix general flakiness.

No probs with snow leopard yet... good fps 80-125 but varies... still think internet conection is key to a lot of everyones probs. Nyways so far so good and the ATI 4870 card rocks!

this may or may not help...

I work at an authorized apple service provider and a lot of what I end up doing is updating people to 10.6 etc. I am getting the rosetta pop up a lot the first time I boot into 10.6. I can't figure out why, because some of the machines came with 10.5 so they theoretically wouldn't even need rosetta. Anyhow, it's a quick install and doesn't seem to cause any problems.

it's just more of the same from apple. The next OS wont even have any non intel based support. They did it with classic, they will do it again. It's like they think we should feel blessed to use their computers.

I really don't think Apple engineers code Rosetta in a way that it will bother the OS while not under use.

When Apple does put something as "optional", it means they think most of users won't need it. It doesn't mean it will slow down system or create another problem. I remember people making big deal about Classic support because of same wrong understanding so I thought I better remind. Rosetta is interfacing with actual hardware accelerator chip and it should be loaded on demand, not in memory like Windows loading whatever dll it sees.

I have installed SL to 3 Intel macs and I have chosen to include both X11 and Rosetta along with Printer Drivers (all) since we don't all live in some Utopia where you have broadband Internet wherever you go :) I have checked startup items and launchd "load on startup" stuff (including System), they are all on demand. There won't be any difference unless you actually run a PowerPC application.

Especially strange since diff only comes in intel versions under 10.6:

$ file /usr/bin/diff

/usr/bin/diff: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures

/usr/bin/diff (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

/usr/bin/diff (for architecture i386): Mach-O executable i386

Doesn't game use "xdelta" while doing patching or they switched to diff in new versions? I also wonder if you guys use "normal user" and elevate to Administrator when game is patched? It should create no problems as they are using Apple's recommended method of installing/updating but it somehow does.

I was playing the game on my leopard when i decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard now when i click play online or offline or training server the screen turns black and my mouse icon appears but it never shows the load up screen it just stays black, I need help.

Sometimes when you upgrade the monitor display resolution changes for no good reason. Go to System Preferences and set the monitors display resolution to a working size and make sures it millions of colors. Now launch the game launcher and go to Settings and make sure you have the same resolution set there and pick the rest of the settings that make sense. You're problem is that the game display resolution isn't one that opengl can draw into. By matching the monitor and the game (and making sure its millions) it should work correctly.

Sorry I missed the question, it rolled passed me.

Hey ARTCOP.

Glad to see you are still kicking. I have moved 1/2 across Canada since I last saw a post from you several yrs ago... Started up a year ago after a hiatus (phd stuff).

Been only playing axis though, so.....

What I would like to get hold of is some sort of mac tool that lets you see stats/kills/etc.. while in game (mb esc out to see it).

Anyway best

elfin

Running snow leopard with no problem but the night seems darker than under leopard and the fps seems slower. All other variables held constant.

best

Note that under snow leopard apple changed the standard gamma to match the windows standard, thus "darker". Under System Preferences: Displays: Color you can change the calibration.

For some reason the installer now asked me for rosetta, which also makes the auto-patcher fail. If you get this, download the update to b24, let it install Rosetta, then try it again.

Note: Gophur doesn't want to offer support for 10.5 any more, but told me to feel free to do it myself.

I am installing 10.5 on the office imac so I can check out the stance eyeheight bug.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0