• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenki

Cthl Help ?

5 posts in this topic

Getting that CTHL madness agian... I've tried differnt computers... and I still get it. I've tried lowest minimal settings... stilll cant do anything....

My vista comp has an nvida card.. and running at minamal settings with "run in administator mode.." and set compatability to windows xp... its performance is 1000 times worse then my laptop.

My cthl issues is usually with either 1-2 other people spawned to no people spawned in the area at all... low population.. and in remote locations..

Its not "prolonged play" issues because I have to actually be playing to have that happen... also it seems that the issue effects the side that I am playing on dedicated for the map.. like I am punished for choosing a side to stay on...

IE last map I was playing mostly allied... and cthled often... yet spawn axis and cthled less.. this map I am playing mostly axis... and beginning to debate if it is true on if I played allied it will not cthl as often.

I've done virus scans... registry scans... I've tryed playing from "use best connection.. to various servers in the settings.." Defragmented the computer, scan disk on it. Even as far as going into Task Manager to remove unessary programs.

THeres only 2 things I can think of that are the issues... one is ISP but nothing I can do there.. and there are nights I can go hours no cthl... and other nights i'll cthl 5 times in a row just trying to go somewhere... or simply something at crs that is making it mess up with some sort of packet loss issues...

Please any help would be apreated as I would like to play the game you know... I mean other then once in a blue moon when it desides to run smoothly.

This is the lowest-traffic of all the CRS forums, and participants here aren't necessarily experts at other peoples' system issues.

The resources for answering questions like yours are much stronger at CRS Customer Service, or in the Community Support forums.

Edited by jwilly

I checked lol zero rat replys and barely any if all community replys ^_^. I just know some harbor folks play differnt games and such and has tips and tricks so I figured I'd just outright ask...

Seems the cthl issue is revolved around the player pop for me.. around midnight I cthled more often then I did around 2 am in the morning on till 4 am. So maybe its a rat issue with the player servers.

Moved to Community Support.

Kenki, if you're using Vista do not use XP compatibility mode. That worked in the early days of Vista, but now causes more problems than it solves.

Do you use a wireless connection or router? If so, try using a direct hard connection from your computer to the modem to the cable/phone jack.

Seems the cthl issue is revolved around the player pop for me.. around midnight I cthled more often then I did around 2 am in the morning on till 4 am. So maybe its a rat issue with the player servers.

Unlikely, otherwise it would be much more widely experienced.

Make sure you have Netcode 2 enabled and set Visible Player Limit to Low.

In the Settings program in your \BE\ folder, try setting the connection to Use Secondary or Use Primary. When it is set to Use Best, it picks which ever one appears better at that moment, which is only a snapshot. It could be that one route is more variable for you, and one is more stable, but that the variable one tends to get picked.

Disable as many other net-active programs you have running as possible.

Some firewall packages can cause interference on some systems. Windows Firewall and Macafee as well as others are troublesome for some players, though certainly not all or most.

If the concentration of player population is correlated with more CTHLs for you, it could be taxing your connection, but it could also be taxing your CPU or drivers and an error there could cause a connection problem.

Edited by BLOO

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0