• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jakcurse

Recent problem with Shutting down

4 posts in this topic

lately, in the last week or so, at varying times, during play on WW2ol, my pc will shut down, and on startup, will need a restore. This has not happened before, and it's quite worrying to me. it can happen after 10 minutes (as was the case today) or 4 hours (yesterday) or any other timeframe you can imagine. I have no plausible excuse, virus scans have come up negative, and i have had no recent hardware or software changes. to summarize, during play my pc will suddenly shut down, and will not boot without a restore. I'm running vista 64x, Nvidia Geforce GT 120 graphics card, 4gb ram, intel core2 quad at 2.33GHz. Never had any problems (beyond the odd CTHL) beforehand. halp!:confused:

Most likely you are getting a "blue screen of death", but have Window set to reboot on that type of error (this is the default setting in XP and Vista).

The following are instructions on how to turn this off in Vista. This will allow you to see the blue screen error, and that will help to figure out the problem.

Go to the Control Panel and double-click the System icon. Click on Advanced Settings, then click on the Settings button under "Startup and Recovery". Deselect "Automatically Restart", then click OK until all windows are closed.

cheers, i've deleted a game that i installed recently (cod2) that was a bit suspect (i installed it and shortly thereafter i began having problems) and i've not been on ww2ol since, i'm going to try now and see what i come up with.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0