Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Degunning Tigers

mojo

I have not posted about this previously, but I think others may have, so pardon me if I am just repeating a known complaint. The issue is how easily Tigers are degunned. Tonight, I spawned a Tiger in defense of Solesmes. I rarely take Tigers because they are so easily tracked and degunned, but one was available and we were heavily camped, so I took one from inventory. I should have taken a IVG.

I pulled out of the AB, moved through town, took several pings from allied shells landing nearby -- nothing hit me and nothing was aimed at me. I was in between buldings. I pulled out, saw a Stuart in a vulnerable position, and lined up. Pulled the trigger. Nothing. The mg still worked, but the main gun was useless. I despawned and logged out in disgust.

The issue with degunned Tigers is beyond a pain. There is nothing like this in the Allied inventory. The Tiger is a waste. Fix the dang thing, would ya?

Mjolimar

you serious?? sounds like a glitch, you should of been degunned sooner by the gust of wind that happens 3 minutes after spawning.

You keep complaining about this all the bloody time and CRS keeps moving the treshold higher and higher for degun of Tiger. What do you actually want? Degunning possible only by 17pdr and even then only from 100m max???

Edited by amorosa

Pssst amorosa ....it's his 1st post about this if you read his post, he appologized if it had been posted before as well, but go on berate him for your lack of comprehension.

I think this bug falls under the same imaginary catagory as the 3g engine bug which did not exists till it happened to a rat.

So once a rat plays a tiger and is degunned by a wafting fart 100 meters away numerous times it will be looked into. Untill then use your cloaking device when playing a tiger.

You keep complaining about this all the bloody time and CRS keeps moving the treshold higher and higher for degun of Tiger. What do you actually want? Degunning possible only by 17pdr and even then only from 100m max???

hes got a point, tiger is one of the greatest weapons in the game if used correctly, however i surely doubt you were degunned by rounds landing nearby, they were probably actually hitting you. Not insulting your intelligence here, just saying that tigers are amped up enough, and the lag/server issue (aka rounds blowing you up when they land 100m in front of you) is very common, so if and IF it wasn't that, then it was most likely a bug or some lucky shot.

If you heard "pings" then you took hits.

Shells that "look" like they land nearby may be hitting you, only the firer of the shell can see what he really hit, your computer just takes a rough guestimate. ATG and Tank shells are NOT STO's. Chances are, those pings you heard were heavy hits, it happens :(

The Tiger has the highest Gun and Track threshold in game for damage as it stands. It has also only recently been increased as well.

Sometimes it does appear to get tracked/degunned more, but don't forget how big those tracks/gun is compared to others. It WILL get hit more often because it is bigger.

Sometimes it does appear to get tracked/degunned more' date=' but don't forget how big those tracks/gun is compared to others. It WILL get hit more often because it is bigger.[/quote']

Agree. Keep in mind that the Tiger can take hits that would blow up other tanks. Instead of lighting up, you only lose a gun or a track. Therefore, there are simply more opportunities to experience a degun or track in a Tiger. If you were in anything else you would be KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken).