Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Bug Fixed. Eh by miracle?

14 posts in this topic

I noticed as mission leader all of a sudden I can submit marks myself. I guess Oliie must have done some server magic.

did you also fix the name bug? It seems to be working now.

The current mac build seems pretty stable, I've had 1 CTHL since getting my new machine 3 weeks ago and I've been playing a fair amount.

THe name bug(s) are fixed. You can still get CTHL or ctds of course, still better than PC version.

This problem could have been a server bug.

I cannot submit marks as ML still.

I can submit, then do a ".takelead" and approve my own mark still flashing, but if I am ML I cannot make a mark. And I can't make another mark after I have done a ".takelead". I always get "Submission Invalid", no matter whether I create the mission myself, or become ML after.

I'm curious if this is a Mac bug, or just a "some Macs" bug. How could it possibly be "some Macs"? We all run the same code.

Are you cured in Beta, or in the live game?

Thanks,

Intel Quad Core 2.66 Xeon

3 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Would it matter if I had Windows running in the background in Parallels?

I use Space#3 for fullscreen Windows for work, and I rarely shut it completely down.

It DOES affect other things, I have noticed.

When Parallels/Windows is launched, my user interface graphics all have a 1 pixel whitish outline around every separate element. Like the rounded corners have a small square they are contained in, and the larger sections of the selection screens all have their own outline, including the borders. Sort of like if you had made an HTML table and set the table border to "1".

I also get a framerate hit, even when Windows is not doing anything like a download update or anything.

Sometimes it is bad, and I'll switch out to quit, usually it's not too bad so I don't bother.

Speakingn of switching out, Command Tab almost never works. I have to do it over and over again, and quite often my Mac has Command Tabbed out to something (Finder probably) but my screen is still the game. I see the cursor and it doesn't affect the game, but I have to keep Caommand Tabbing until ither the game reponds again, or finally my desktop appears.

Is this a known issue, or just me?

Edited by romzburg

cmd-tab seems reliable only when not spawned in. The code seems to follow the examples from Apple on how to do this but it doesn't seem to work reliably.

Running PLS while playing the game is a bad idea, as it sucks up a lot of memory even when doing nothing. I have 6GB and still don't leave it up. THe other hit you will get is less video ram for the game. No clue why it affects UI elements.

Cmd-Tab works always for me if you Cmd-f first.

Cmd-F? as in Find?? In the game???

As for setting marks, no go for me.

No Enemy marks, no waypoints, still :(

MBP 15" 2.3GHz ATI video

HA!

EXCELLENT!

I just Command-F & Command Tab out of the game to post this!

Command-F is weird, it pushes the game down on the screen enough to insert a blank Finder Menu Bar.

Then Command Tab works.

And even when I am NOT spawned in, when I am at any men u screen, Command Tab didn't work for me, not until I used Command -F first.

This is GREAT!

Thanks Tiborg!

How in the world did you discover that?

Actually cmd-f removes the fullscreen. Then cmd-tab is actually running in the finder, which picks the next application.

I wonder if something in my compiled version makes the mission submission work...

BTW I don't think its a menu bar, its actually a window title bar with no title.

Actually cmd-f removes the fullscreen. Then cmd-tab is actually running in the finder, which picks the next application.

I wonder if something in my compiled version makes the mission submission work...

BTW I don't think its a menu bar, its actually a window title bar with no title.

Oh, ok.

I thought it was a finder menu because it was flush to the top of the screen.

Important thing is, I can finally reliably switch in and out!

Woot!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0