Followers 0
buggsy

Building Clusters are killing my framerate

31 posts in this topic

Looking at a cluster of buildings:

lookingat.jpg

Standing in same spot looking away from buildings:

lookingawayp.jpg

I've got my framerate limited to 60 FPS too. It could be 80 or 100 for all I know.

Edited by buggsy

Oh I enabled Limit FOV changes and enabled Limit LOD changes. I disabled them again and get 40 FPS while looking at direction of town buildings. What do they do again?

buy better computer....

One picture you could be rendering 100 inf... Other one pointed to empty field...

AND EVEN IF ITS THE BUILDINGS..... get a better computer because i dont have this problem.

I've noticed this lately too. There's always going to be a slight drop because your system is simply processing more, but it's become much more severe in the last few months.

and even if its the buildings..... Get a better computer because i dont have this problem.

darkvex does not have this problem, everyone. It must be because your machine sucks lol

darkvex does not have this problem' date=' everyone. It must be because your machine sucks lol [/quote']

He probably meant that his drops aren't THAT severe, he likely didn't mean that he doesn't have any drops at all.

Though if he indeed doesn't hjave any drops, i'd definitely like to take a peek at his setup!

Edited by ngaga

On my PC the drop is pretty big too. I get 150-200+ fps on open fields and generally less than 40 in towns.

completly agree somthing is going on here as i get it sitting on a airfield, look in one direction my frames drop to 30 and lower anywhere else its high as usual :confused:, somtimes it in the direction of the AF bunker but not 100% of the time, maybe it is a tree issue???

darkvex does not have this problem, everyone. It must be because your machine sucks lol

I don't have the problem either. :P

Seriously though, if you're getting bad FPS now then from what we've all seen of 1.31 then you have no chance of playing B.E after the new patch.

It's high time you got a new rig.

I have suffered from this as well, only the drops in FPS are not that big.

To the OP: how playable is Antwerp/Brux? Your FPS should be dead there.

Seriously though, if you're getting bad FPS now then from what we've all seen of 1.31 then you have no chance of playing B.E after the new patch.

It's high time you got a new rig.

Damn, my Phenom II X3 720BE, 4GB RAM, GTX260 rig is running all other games just fine, maybe I'm finally forced to unsub because my poor rig can't simply run this masterpiece of coding.

Damn' date=' my Phenom II X3 720BE, 4GB RAM, GTX260 rig is running all other games just fine, maybe I'm finally forced to unsub because my poor rig can't simply run this masterpiece of coding.[/quote']

Win

Damn' date=' my Phenom II X3 720BE, 4GB RAM, GTX260 rig is running all other games just fine, maybe I'm finally forced to unsub because my poor rig can't simply run this masterpiece of coding.[/quote']

Yeah... Same here. Those high end rigs just are not so high-end anymore. Maybe we should buy those Mac's that have 38 gigs of RAM and four video cards? I'd shell out 35,000$ just to get more than 40 FPS in big fights.

:D

I too have this problem but, it IS NOT repeating...like it will happen in a town. I drop from 80+ FPS to 12 FPS when I face anywhere in-town... if I re-log, this issue goes away, but appears elsewhere. I'm 90% sure it is coding issue conflicting with certain rigs... because, at least on my end, re-loging fixes the 'area' but not the 'issue'. Memory leaks maybe?

Edited by josephy7

My Intel 6600(Duo) with 4GB of Ram, GTX275 is running this game just fine. I do see a fall off of FPS in heavy combat, or in towns when trying to render large views, but the FPS rarely drops below 20 and I find that acceptable based on what is involved with the graphical side of things.

My Intel 6600(Duo) with 4GB of Ram' date=' GTX275 is running this game just fine. I do see a fall off of FPS in heavy combat, or in towns when trying to render large views, but the FPS rarely drops below 20 and I find that acceptable based on what is involved with the graphical side of things.[/quote']

See, I agree here...but when there is not a major battle...

Not to long ago I did not have this issue...it only just recently arose. Even the largest of city fights were 30-40FPS...

im running a intel E2160, it hurts. dreading 1.31, trying to find out if my motherboard will take a quad core and 4 gig of ram.

Fact of the matter is, guys, some of you are going to have to upgrade your systems. There's just no getting around that.

With the current updates from 2D to 3D buildings, polygons have risen dramatically. It's all part and parcel of bringing WWIIOL:BE into the present.

I'm hoping to get an article up this week with system requirements and what you can get away with to run 1.31 efficiently on your machine. Devs and coders are aware that we need to ensure that BE can run on a wide range of systems. Optional goodies and Speedtree should help quite a bit, and testers are getting valuable data which is allowing us to identify performance drainers and see how we can tweak them to run better.

Also make sure to follow your Community Support Forums for tips and tweaks.

Fact of the matter is, guys, some of you are going to have to upgrade your systems. There's just no getting around that.

MM, my system IS upgraded. I still have these issues, at random times, in places there shouldn't be lag. IE: I will lose to 12 FPS in Gent, but ill keep 40 FPS in Antwerp, with no players around. If I relog, these issues go away. Then they will come back again at random.

Memory leak somewhere :P

Also, check your PMs, MM.

its not the "overall" game performance that's the issue here or what the OP was pointing out, there is somthing in the game world thats bogging things down in a big way...

im running

duel-core E8400 (3 gig)

8 gig ram

GTX260 1gig overclock2 version

1080p res

i can fly over antwerp during heavy action and next no slow downs while keeping a 30+ FPS... game and system run fine together...

but somtimes i look at "somthing" (no idea what it is) while sitting on the airfield and i drop to 10-20FPS???? if i look anywhere else on the AF by frames are rock solid again??

somthing out there!!!! find it DOC i carnt sleep!!! :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0