• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buggsy

Building Clusters are killing my framerate

31 posts in this topic

The first time I really noticed this issue was sometime around '04 or so. Walk away from a group of buildings, turn to face, them *poof* sudden FPS loss. With today's fast machines, in my experience, it's much less problematic than it was before the era of dual core machines and their associated architecture.

On my machine - with the screenshots as posted - I would get a big frame-rate drop, but because of the trees (not the buildings).

This is testable in Area-51, offline. In the opposite direction to the huts there is a stand of trees (quite close). If I look at the trees, I get a frame-hit (compared to looking in all other directions). If I look at the trees through binos, the drop is even worse.

The same is true in the game world.

I have never noticed a particular issue with looking at buildings (on or off line). I would be very surprised if the OP wasn't suffering from the same issue - Which, as far as I know, everyone gets (to a greater or lesser extent, depending on the graphic options they have selected in game, and the settings of their gfx software/drivers).

Nevermind, it was the limit FOV changes enabled which was doing it, I disabled it again and looking at buildings gave 40 FPS instead of 15.

im running a intel E2160' date=' it hurts. dreading 1.31, trying to find out if my motherboard will take a quad core and 4 gig of ram.[/quote']

I would try OCing that e2160 to 3GZ first its a great little OC cpu with the right motherboard.

My little OC e2160 @3GZ and my q6660 quad core @3GZ only had 7 fps difference in this game.

My E2160 had my Quad core cooler on it FYI, I don't think the stock e2160 cooler would be a good idea at this speed.

ocpost.JPG

Edited by odds

Looking at a cluster of buildings:

Standing in same spot looking away from buildings:

I've got my framerate limited to 60 FPS too. It could be 80 or 100 for all I know.

What are your specs? Are you using Fraps to get your FPS?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0