• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fbat

No sound from the front?

8 posts in this topic

I know this has been posted before but for the life of me I can't find the threads.

I have no sound from the front. I hear ambient sound like my tracks running but no engine. I have to turn my head to hear my engine running.

I have some Soundmax 7.1 sound built in sound on my Crossfire Asus mobo.

Any insight as to shy the last 2 or 3 machines have suffered from this problem would be much appreciated.

I have to agree on this one too.

When I'm hitching a ride on a tank, when I look forward(using mouseview) I can't hear the tank engine unless I swing my view towards the back of the tank.

Realistically, I should be hearing the engine at all times no matter which way I'm looking.

Also, I'm having issues trying to figure out sound distances as everything usually sounds like it's happening right beside me, but I see no action in that direction.

Is this a setting in game and if so please post proper sound settings so we can compare.

thanks.

Same problem here. But im not using my hometheatre for a while because I'm gaming only at night so I have to use headphones

this game does not have a decent sound engine for Situational Awareness

distance is hard to tell, as is direction.

it would actually be pretty sweet if CRS used its first payment from china to upgrade the sound engine.

a) use a dedicated sound card

B) make sure hardware audio is selected

c) there used to be a setting with the number of channels or something like it - don't set it too high

Sound in the game is fine - it's probably one of the game's stronger points in fact. I changed the above three things and it was a totally different game.

this game does not have a decent sound engine for Situational Awareness

distance is hard to tell, as is direction.

it would actually be pretty sweet if CRS used its first payment from china to upgrade the sound engine.

AH thats not true it does seems to have changed a bit 2 years ago i could pinpoint on map + - 100 meters within 1,5 radius seems you need new ears as I do ;-)) at this stage

Cheers

Vonkurt

if you say so.

I went from a X-Fi card to onboard sound and heard no difference in quality, and no change in finding audio direction and distance by listening.

I went from Plantronic 650 headset when I first started playing to Logitech z-5500's, to my onkyo 7.1 home theater system, and now to my Plantronic Gamecom 377 headset.

btw the onkyo system only has digital input, I used both coaxial and optical to see which one was worth using so i could go buy a longer cable of it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0