Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
makrel

CPU upgrade question - dual vs. single core

36 posts in this topic

Try setting ww2 to run on the opposite as default core

my old dual core ran 15 fps on average FASTER on 1 core and the opposite of the default 1

Amd 4200

Sorry Im a bit confused. Set it to core 1 and core 1 only? am I setting it to core 1 by itself?

Sorry Im a bit confused. Set it to core 1 and core 1 only? am I setting it to core 1 by itself?

I think the last few patches have it set to run ww2 on both cores not sure

If I remember right running game on only one processer worked best for me 15 fps boost and alot smoother

If both processers are running uncheck the box cpu 0 then alt tab back into game ** note the fps then alt tab again and try it the opposite way ** note fps

Ny amd ran alot better with cpu1 checked back when the default was cpu 0 alone

Hope this helps ya

If I remember right running game on only one processer worked best for me 15 fps boost and alot smoother

If both processers are running uncheck the box cpu 0 then alt tab back into game ** note the fps then alt tab again and try it the opposite way ** note fps

Hope this helps ya

Hmm that's strange I can't actually change the affinity of WWII, what OS are you using?

Hmm that's strange I can't actually change the affinity of WWII' date=' what OS are you using?[/quote']

was xp pro

Now vista 64 (have not tried to change it in vista 64 bit yet

Hope this helps ya

ok...now i see, thx. will give it a try.

well ive got the intel i7 2.8ghz processor its quad core and i get about 100-125 fps ingame. which isnt alost compaired to the 250-500 fps i get in other games like call of duty or battlefield series. but ive got no problem with bigger battles causeing lag i only wish they would allow us to expand the amount of people we can see to even more. not that that many people are ever in the same area anymore but still :P

not that that many people are ever in the same area anymore but still :P

How would you know if you can't see them? :D

well ive got the intel i7 2.8ghz processor its quad core and i get about 100-125 fps ingame. which isnt alost compaired to the 250-500 fps i get in other games like call of duty or battlefield series. but ive got no problem with bigger battles causeing lag i only wish they would allow us to expand the amount of people we can see to even more. not that that many people are ever in the same area anymore but still :P

Since a normal 60Hz screen can't show more than 60 FPS anyway what difference does it make if you get 100 or 500 FPS?

Since a normal 60Hz screen can't show more than 60 FPS anyway what difference does it make if you get 100 or 500 FPS?

less of a gap between people movements

if you watch a plane fly over at 30fps it looks studder-e

watch it fly at 60fps and its pretty smooth

watch it fly at 120fps and its crystal smooth.

Well, I have played this game with many AMD products and they just didnt seem to cut the mustard. They ran hot, didnt care much for any kind of overclocking and although they are a lot cheaper you get what you pay for.

I bought an I7 965 Extreme Quad 3.2Ghz overclocked it to 4Ghz on air cooling no problem and runs cool below 45C under load.

The game runs great with highest res, and frames almost always over 60 in heavy battles.

I also have an Nvidia GTX 295 1.7Ghz video. Computer is a couple years old though.Not sure what the prices look like now.

I do know I will be sticking with Intel from now on.

S! I hope you find a solution that improves the game for you.

Well, I have played this game with many AMD products and they just didnt seem to cut the mustard. They ran hot, didnt care much for any kind of overclocking and although they are a lot cheaper you get what you pay for.

I don't know what you have used and how you've gone about it then because I've never had any problem with my AMD's. True, some of them have been hard or close to impossible to overclock but that's definately not the case with the latest Phenoms. Anyone can overclock those easily and quite a bit as well if you go for the Black Edition ones. They aren't running very hot either.

Good for you that your choise works well. It should for the ridicilous price it has.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0