Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avionyx

Officer Tools on Mac?

16 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Been trying to access the officer tools but it seems that it claims only to work on Internet Explorer.

As the game is available for Mac, are the officer tools not?

As far as I'm aware the last IE that was made for Mac was done so in 2003, not exactly the safest browser to have these days.

Is there a workaround?

Avi

Those were written by someone outside playnet, I will see if they will let me in to check it out. It's hosted by playnet but not supported by them.

Well I looked into this several years ago and there were two browsers I think that worked.

One obscure one was icab - Give it a go - Basically you can tell other browsers to act like internet explorer (just check the option in the menus).

http://www.icab.de/

Give others a go and see how they fare. I think there is an add on for firefox that allows you to specifiy tghe user agent so it behaves like i.e

I've asked BLOO, apparently the person responsible for this (fogoban) is no longer around and the rats have taken it over, but haven't had any time to work on it. TOPD is now in charge so he might know more. Unless they used activex for something (stupid) it should be fixable (mostly likely IE specific javascript or css) given time.

You can make Safari act like anything as well, but the real issue (besides a warning) is whether the site actually works correctly.

Edited by AHWULF

Ahwulf - See above

I was an officer with a mac for years and had it workign properly.

I did testing on every mac browser and posted reults in a HC forum a few years back.

Best for the OP to give icab a whirl and if that don't work try another in i.e mode

Badger77,

Thank you very much for that, it took a bit of fiddling with the settings but iCab did the job brilliantly!

Alex

I've asked to be let in so I can check it out. Bet its something that can be fixed, it appears to be php so I can give it a whack.

No problem Avion - Glad it still works.

I played on a mac when it first came out and was in HC for years so found ways around :)

Ahwulf. Good news - It's been like this for many a year. I still think it won't even work on firefox or safari for the PC either. just i.e :)

Be good if you can make it a little more forgiving !!

I've asked to be let in so I can check it out. Bet its something that can be fixed' date=' it appears to be php so I can give it a whack.[/quote']

AW, right now the Officer portion of BGE site

http://www.axishq.wwiionline.com/axisplaynow/axis_login_officer.php

will give message:

http://www.axishq.wwiionline.com/axisplaynow/axis_error.php

"Incompatible Browser Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have reached this page because ...

• You are using an incompatible browser.

• You must use Microsoft Internet Explorer for these tools to function.

"

I bet all the current browsers will work just fine.

Badger77, thanks for that idea. Will try.

I am able to use IE 5.2 (last one), but it fails when I try to change the officers status (which is strange, since site said it work ONLY with IE. Thats Microsoft for you! LOL)

BLOO and TOPD were looking at the features, not sure what they've found yet, if I can I will try to at least make it stop complaining.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0