Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longbows

A day in the life of a tactical bomber pilot

3 posts in this topic

S!

Not a war story per se but I'd just like to share my first excursion into the video making/youtube video posting world with you all.

Here it is: 7VC_-QRE7SU

(moderator gods, if you feel this thread belongs someplace else I'd be grateful if you moved it)

Anyway, as this year marks the 70th anniversary (not really the proper word for it) of the Axis invasion of Poland I thought it would be appropriate to put together a smashing video dedicated to the brave bomber pilots of WW2.

You will notice I've taken some artistic liberty with colour and effects, all intended to empower the viewer - both to play the game and appreciate the reality of what WW2 was.

Since this is my first video I'd appreciate suggestions on story telling and technical aspects. And go easy on me :) There are certain inconsistencies, like using FAF DB-7s to promote RAF efforts (as in British Empire vs. global Allied effort), so just ignore those :)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all who (unknowingly) participated in this video. I make it a point not to use show nametags in the video because it spoils the "filming authenticity" but nevertheless those that are shown - consider yourselves credited! I'm only sorry I didn't note them all down to give proper credits...

That said, I must make a special kudo to Lloyd403 for organising tactical bomber runs (most clips came from my taking part in some of his massive flights) and the Dambusters (and other squads, of course!) for keeping the bombing part of this game alive!

Thank you for watching, rating and commenting!

Longbows

haha, quality! Love the music, heh

What did you use to edit it? Doesn't look like a simple WMM effort to me... *gets suspicious*

haha, quality! Love the music, heh

What did you use to edit it? Doesn't look like a simple WMM effort to me... *gets suspicious*

Nah, started in WMM, but I needed more than a single extra audio channel to mix in the various sounds and radio chatter. Used Sony Vegas Movie Studio instead. Found it also has a lot more options for on-screen text and transition effects. Precise manipulation of frames... note how the bomb flashes on the cockpit conicide with the beat of the music. And the text at the end. That was deliberate :)

It's quite cheap compared to say Adobe Premiere, but VERY easy to use and has great help system.

Edited by longbows

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0