• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conesq

Only getting 10 FPS

15 posts in this topic

Howdy

The last couple of weeks I haven't played much due to a severe connection issue. I'm only getting it playing wwii online. I'm not getting a constant 9 to 10 FPS whether i am on the ground or flying (It feels like I am flying drunk). Only a few weeks ago I consistantly got 65+ flying and no lag on the ground.

I have a fairly new machine - 4 gig ram, AMD Athlon 64 X2 duel core processor 6000+. The only thing I haven't upgraded as yet are 2 x GeForce 6600GT graphics cards.

Ideas?

Thanks

I have 2.4 GHz 2 gigs of DDR2 and 7600 Graphics card, and my game runs just fine. Try this. When you log in game, go to options then click on the Best Performance, then save changes, and restart the game, see if that helps your FPS, it should.

When you log in game' date=' go to options then click on the Best Performance, then save changes, and restart the game, see if that helps your FPS, it should.[/quote']

Agreed. If that helps, you can turn on some of the eye candy one peice at a time until you get a good balance of performance and appearance.

Did anything change with your computer since you got 65+ FPS? If so, the cause of your FPS drop could be one of those changes.

I put it on best performance, but this only makes average ping 12-18fps in the air. I can't put my finger on it...

If you have the latest driver, you should put in nvidia control pannel/manage 3d setting/(select ww2_sse2.exe)/Threaded optimisation OFF

That worked for me (but i have a GTX 295 so i dont know)

Check your computer for dust buildup. These things auto throttle their speed if they get too hot and they get too hot if there is so much dust in the heatsinks that air cant get easily through.

Howdy

The last couple of weeks I haven't played much due to a severe connection issue. I'm only getting it playing wwii online. I'm not getting a constant 9 to 10 FPS whether i am on the ground or flying (It feels like I am flying drunk). Only a few weeks ago I consistantly got 65+ flying and no lag on the ground.

I have a fairly new machine - 4 gig ram, AMD Athlon 64 X2 duel core processor 6000+. The only thing I haven't upgraded as yet are 2 x GeForce 6600GT graphics cards.

Ideas?

Thanks

Check if you can reach CRS primary network by running the command:

tracert -d 66.28.6.226

Their crappy ISP Cogentco is blocking connections from the network I'm on so I'm forced to play on the secondary network and it seems that network can't handle high-pop very well. I get reduced FPS and bad packetloss.

Thanks for responses.

It can't be dust. I've dusted it.

I've tried skurcey's idea, but hasn't worked.

Lure - how do i connect to CRS primary network?

Lure - how do i connect to CRS primary network?

Ah that is a command you run from the command prompt.

There's actually a script file in the directory where BE is installed that run the command. "wwiiol_netcheck.bat".

If you run the above file a text file called "netcheck.txt" is created in the folder where BE is installed. If you have a "Destination net unreachable" anywhere in there you have network issues.

But anyhow, if you have enabled netcode 2 and it does not show any packetloss you're probably fine on the network side. The thing is that if you have very bad packetloss it will impact FPS also it seems.

Howdy

Ideas?

Thanks

your video card is actually really old. it is 4 generations removed from current technology. an nvidia gts 250 will set you back 140 dollars but a better value would be an ati 4650 card which can be had for as little as 60 bucks. or a 4770 for 120ish dollars.

that is my recommendation.

*edit* just be aware if you upgrade to an ati you need the 9.7 driver until either ati fixes their drivers or crs finds a work around for w/e is causing newer drivers to crash ww2ol.

Edited by madrebel

Yeah, the vid cards are probably 5 years old. I'm going to get a new vid card soon (suggestions for my rig?), but wanted to see if this could be a connection issue or something else first.

Lure, I did the command prompt and get Destination protocol unreachable on both: 66 Route (4th hop) and 209 Route (2 hop)....

Conesq

Yeah, the vid cards are probably 5 years old. I'm going to get a new vid card soon (suggestions for my rig?), but wanted to see if this could be a connection issue or something else first.

Lure, I did the command prompt and get Destination protocol unreachable on both: 66 Route (4th hop) and 209 Route (2 hop)....

Conesq

cut n paste the output of netcheck.txt for me.

as for video card ... get whatever you can afford. ati currently has the best value just be wary of the driver issue with ati cards if you go that route.

Big thanks to all those who posted. It looks like I have resolved this issue. It was my old graphics card.

Cheers

Conesq

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0