Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
subrat17

Pearl Harbour

39 posts in this topic

Malize,

Time to do this again.

All in all it was one of the greatest Events you ever designed (perhaps the greatest).

Requesting Command of the Navy and the USS Arizona.

Until we see a Submarine....

Yes , the Pearl Harbor Event was really great & funny !

I would like to sit in the DD this time because in the last Pearl Harbor Event was my part to bomb the ships :)

So you guys want the Pearl Harbor event again.

one thing is Different on the Training Server ....... AAA AI is Active form what i have seen.

i'm thinking that hellevoetsluis might be a good location as it has an Island that can represent Ford Island and the ships positioned around it.

December 7th is on a Monday, so we'd probally have to set it up on the 5th to be able to get the Aussies into it also.

give me till the weekend to get hold of Malize and see if wants to do it, and if he dosent, then i can do it.

One thing that we have to do this time is get the Event started as fast as possible with a set start time for the ships to spawn in and a set time for the Stukas to lift off. last years many players grew very impatient as the set up time was a bit to long. so once the Times are set, were going to have to stick to them, in other words, the Navys will get a Set time to get into position and once the time limit is up the Stukas will take off ready or not.

So you guys want the Pearl Harbor event again.

one thing is Different on the Training Server ....... AAA AI is Active form what i have seen.

i'm thinking that hellevoetsluis might be a good location as it has an Island that can represent Ford Island and the ships positioned around it.

December 7th is on a Monday, so we'd probally have to set it up on the 5th to be able to get the Aussies into it also.

give me till the weekend to get hold of Malize and see if wants to do it, and if he dosent, then i can do it.

One thing that we have to do this time is get the Event started as fast as possible with a set start time for the ships to spawn in and a set time for the Stukas to lift off. last years many players grew very impatient as the set up time was a bit to long. so once the Times are set, were going to have to stick to them, in other words, the Navys will get a Set time to get into position and once the time limit is up the Stukas will take off ready or not.

First, AI AA is active. The way Malize avoided this was to make the Naval bases in the area Axis once the ships had originally spawned, I think. Therefore no AI AA at the incoming Stuka bombers. Or perhaps there is a way for the Rats to just plain turn it off .... unknown to me.

Second, using Helle is very constricted in space. As it was we needed all of the space at Ant and this year we may very well get more people wishing to play Navy and Air. Note that grouping all the ships into a very small area, such as Helle, makes this a whole lot easier for the bombers. I would stick with the Ant location. Also there really isn't a very close air base to Helle either.

Third, we need for Malize to step in here. He designed this Event and has a very good handle on it.

Fourth, last time our error regarding set-up time was starting the Event for the Navy and the Stukas at the same time. The Navy needs a full hour to get positioned and no need this way for antsy Flyboys getting all upset.

Fifth, we still have Malize's maps and set-ups from last year. Changing that would be a whole lot of work and given the success of this Event from last year I see no need to change Malize's design.

Respectfully .... :)

Edited by icetwp

Fourth' date=' last time our error regarding set-up time was starting the Event for the Navy and the Stukas at the same time. The Navy needs a [u']full hour to get positioned and no need this way for antsy Flyboys getting all upset.

As for a 1 hour naval set up, i can see this. the problem was those who went Navy and showed up late and then waiting for them to take 15 minutes to get it together and get moved into position. so we could do the 1 hour set up time and have the Navy players be there 1 hour before the Airforces spawn it.

it was just more than the Players not happy with the Delay in the start, the Rats were also not happy about it and this is Thier Game and the run the show, even if it is just a Realism Event, "They still have the Say of how it goes and what they want"

it may be Malizes Event, but he is not the Lead of the Special Events, thats my Job. if i choose to run this Event i'll do so. if you want to play thats fine, but your not in Control of how it will be set up and run and i'll not go through the argiung and bickering of what i went through last year when Malize set this event up. Thats probally why he has not piped in here on this topic lready. he almost threw the towel in and quite last years over this.

as for the AAA AI, no they can not turn it off and swapping the towns will not work anymore. So with that said, if we need to find a Location to do this event in that eliminates the AAA Ai to the least amount AAA AI that will be in the battle area, were going to do it to make it as Fair as we can for both sides.

even if this means moving it to the island that Eastchurch is located on in England. were going to make the set up and location as Fair as possible to both teams in the event.

Perhaps a Event date of December 12th would be better than December 5th at this point given the limited amount of time to advertise and organize.

Great idea' date='if we end up doing this will start yellin at the allied naval players :D[/quote']

and when i come cross them in my dd, ill see u getting shot in da butt cause ur infront of theyre guns, and i shoot them, then u goes down :D?

right...

!S

Sim

Great idea' date='if we end up doing this will start yellin at the allied naval players :D[/quote']

and you can come *attempt* to bomb me in a db7, rather terribly :D

and when i come cross them in my dd, ill see u getting shot in da butt cause ur infront of theyre guns, and i shoot them, then u goes down :D?

right...

!S

Sim

You and Subrat17 do realize that this is the Navy vs the Air Force don't you.?

As in a zillion Stukas against a bunch of parked Naval ships and boats.

You and Subrat17 do realize that this is the Navy vs the Air Force don't you.?

As in a zillion Stukas against a bunch of parked Naval ships and boats.

yeah and we gonna get a big load of raep. still fun to kill bluekill. if only i had the 8 bofors Chicago Piano in that event...

Perhaps a Event date of December 12th would be better than December 5th at this point given the limited amount of time to advertise and organize.

Thata a Good idea Ice, i have a Squad Challenge event going on the 5th and the 12th would give us an Xtra week.

I still have not gotten a reply from Malize although he has read the PM i've sent him.

I'll be working on this Turkeyday and try to get the ball rolling and sign ups and such up for the weekend.

I'd take part on the 12th of December but not on the 5th (gig/party). Also, can't it be the other way around now? Axis ships vs. allied bombers?

I'd take part on the 12th of December but not on the 5th (gig/party). Also, can't it be the other way around now? Axis ships vs. allied bombers?

That is not a good idea Tigger.

The use of Stukas is already a touch out of line but we don't have Japanese planes to work with.

To change the ships to Axis would be inappropriate and take this into an "unblieveable" zone.

Edited by icetwp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0