Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
troma

When will ww2ol be compatible with win7?

12 posts in this topic

I've tried every tip, trick, and whatever out there and still can't get it to run. Last time i cleaned my comp then installed win7 on it i somehow got it to work but for the life of me i can't figure out how i did it last time. So do i have to wait till 1.31 to play again. I don't want to unsub but i don't want to pay for something i can't play.

you must right click on WW2ol's exe file and open properties Select the Compatability tab

and Check the "run in compatability mode" Box and Select Vista SP3 from the Drop Down menu ... also make Sure you set it to "run as administator" at the bottom. apply/close and then Start the game as Normal ... That Should Work

this is the only fix Im aware of as it pertains to not getting game to run in Windows 7

Edited by wdalanw

You can also try installing the game in Vista SP2 compatability mode. That's what did the trick for me.

WWIIOL will run fine under W7, but as well as the advice above you may need to get W7 drivers for some of your devices (sound, graphics, etc) or even replace older devices.

the problem is the auto mouse aceleration BS that we get using win7

tbh, i hope or atleast think, the rats will fix this in 3.3. im pretty positive that they will make the game much more compatible with win 7 come next patch.

P.S. im currently on win 7 and the game runs fine, except for the mouse acceleration problem with inf obviously. but other then that, game runs fine.

I've been running the game on the win 7 ultimate beta 7137 32bit since...late spring I think.

Other than the need to update my vid driver and setting all the exes in the BE install to vista compatibility I've had no probs.

I don't use onboard sound though, I do seem to recall havein a prob with the realtec onboard sound, but I use a DSP 500 headset that has a builtin SD.

What is that? Can't say I've noticed it

the movement is slower.

like with that acceleration thing not adjusted, u basically have to have sensitive mouse in game set to max to make it feel more normal but its a bit slower then usual.

Just hold in there,Win7 will be capatable with 1.31, but intill then,just do the **** they tell u to do

K thnx Bai,

And if anyone including your self read my post i said i have tried every little trick people have suggested even before i made this post. My main question was will win7 be compatibly next patch. Which has been answered already.

Edited by troma

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0