• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
christianr

Macbook pro and upgrades

12 posts in this topic

So i play this game on my macbook pro, can i have the apple store upgrade my processor and ram or am i totally ****ed for 1.31?

I have a dual 2.4 ghz and 2 gigs of ram.

No Apple can't upgrade your machine for you.

Your processor isn't that bad but the integrated graphics is always a bad area.

Under bootcamp it would improve performance I would guess but if it's awful performance then might be time to Ebay it (for a good Price still) and maybe look to upgrade or buy a second hand one with a dedicated card.

Well thats ****ty. I have a geforce 8600.. is that a bad card? I mean if i can get 24 frames a second, i'll be happy. But thats about what i get now, i couldn't imagine it running the same with 1.31

Integrated graphics are not supported. Has to be a real card (8600 is I think).

Open (offline) beta starts Dec 21 ( mac build is working now) so you can see. *However* still a lot of performance stuff to do (I will get some Apple help after Christmas) so its not the final word either.

Cool you've got a dedicated card. The 8600M GT.

Not the greatest card in the world but a card that does up to 4000 Mpixels per second.

Fill rate is king I believe so it's only about half of a 7900GS but Ireckon it's easy playable but will ahve to adjust a few settings.

You'll be able to play.

Lets see how it fares once the full patch is released. Beta won;t count as it will get better by patch time - (or should do).

Anyone know how my macbook pro is going to fair?

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB (2x2GB) RAM

nVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 256MB Graphics

Not a great video card, but we won't know until open (offline) beta. M-class video cards are usually pretty sluggish. 1.31 requires more video card horsepower than 1.30. Exactly how much more is still a work in progress.

Note also I won't be able to get Apple's help til after Christmas.

9400M should have no problems I think. Ahwulf: It is "semi integrated" card, it is nothing like Intel GMA junk. For example, it can even do GPU Video Decoding acceleration with Flash 10.1 beta on Windows.

I got the setup here and I can say it does have hardware capabilities to run 1.31 as long as user has 2GB+ memory (which doubles the GPU memory).

I speak from "windows side", with Vista SP2. Card does draw 1.31 stuff fine, even does the tricks (like waves).

Ahwulf, before you give these people some heart attack :) Can you get this stuff: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ and tell them to get it, and look for whatever GL extensions they need? What do we really need anyway? *g*

No Apple can't upgrade your machine for you.

Your processor isn't that bad but the integrated graphics is always a bad area.

Under bootcamp it would improve performance I would guess but if it's awful performance then might be time to Ebay it (for a good Price still) and maybe look to upgrade or buy a second hand one with a dedicated card.

If you speak about 9400&8xxx series, they are really good compared to my Nvidia 6600 (!!!). I really think, they should stand by (as they got good amount of RAM) before putting machines to ebay and at last resort, they can buy a CHEAP, basic edition Windows (you guys don't have Vista Starter Edition I guess) to run game. It won't be NVidia to blame, it will be Apple to blame in that case and there is really no reason to give up a working device while software (boot camp) solution exists.

BTW while on it: Apple for some mysterious reason installs OLD nvidia drivers to Windows via bootcamp, even the Snow Leopard DVD. All boot camp users should check this page with IE (ActiveX)

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us and get the WHQL certified driver offered. It is also a nice idea to get "directx end user runtime" since there is something really going on with the Vista/7 pre-installed directx. It is kinda, non complete.

Yes it was the Intel GMA type integrated I was saying probably won't ever work.

If ti has a "card" of any type it stands half a chance but again lets see.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0