• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skally

Game not launching after I click Play

16 posts in this topic

Have tried for quite some time to get in game tonight. Accepts my password and shows campaign and training as open. However, when I click play for either it just goes straight back to my desktop! Anyone got any ideas? I suspect I may end up having to reinstall? :mad:

I've had the same problem for months now. For a week or so I managed to get the game to run just fine but then then it stopped working again. I'm hoping the 1.31 beta client will work better.

Have you tried both versions of the game (x86, sse2) ?

Has anything changed (new hardware or software) on your system recently?

Hi Rubbish,

Offline modes work perfectly ok. I'm totally stumped as to why I can't connect online. Only thing that has changed with my PC since I was last able to log in is that I have installed Microsoft Office 2007.

Taken from the PlayGATE.0.log file:

I [Thu 1/01 00:57.00.936 PlayerLogon.cpp:176] Login request "yozz76"

I [Thu 1/01 00:57.01.343 PlayerLogon.cpp:183] Login reply [n]

Am I banned for some reason unbeknown to me?

This is driving me crazy. I have faith in this community to help me find a solution. I've not had a problem getting in game since I joined just over 12 months ago, this issue seems to be just out of the blue!

tried uninstall and reinstall?

Also try removing office - it's incredibly unlikely to be this, but it might - you never know.

Edited by Rubbish

My friend had a similar problem and it was that c++ package etc etc

Do you know how your friend resolved the issue? Is it a case of simply uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable?

Also, I was wondering if installing all of the latest Microsoft security updates could have caused this problem?

Is totally driving me nuts not being able to fix this and I'm no numpty when it comes to computers or at least I don't think I am! My better half is out on her works Xmas party tonight and I need to play damn it!

Edited by yozz76

CRS you have a problem! I have uninstalled Microsoft Office 2007 and WW2 Online now works perfectly. There is obviously something that Microsoft office 2007 installs that this game doesn't like!

I think you need need to look at this because I don't think it is acceptable to have to sacrifice MS Office 2007 so you can play the game!

I really hope that you can find a solution.

see if you have a firewall installed thats blocking it like norton or mcafee

Sorry frito, if I can just point you to my previous post!

I must add that my version of MS Office 2007 is the enterprise version which is simply a solution that allows employees of employers who have an agreement with Microsoft to purchase the application at a reduced cost.

CRS you have a problem! I have uninstalled Microsoft Office 2007 and WW2 Online now works perfectly. There is obviously something that Microsoft office 2007 installs that this game doesn't like!

I think you need need to look at this because I don't think it is acceptable to have to sacrifice MS Office 2007 so you can play the game!

I really hope that you can find a solution.

Hmm..., that's something I hadn't tried. I also have MSOffice 2007. I would hate to completely uninstall since I use Outlook regularly but maybe I'll try uninstalling everything but that and see what happens. Now that I think about it though, I did have the same problem before I installed Office, oh well I'll try it anyway and see.

ETA: I think mine is also a reduced cost, educational version. Not sure what difference it makes.

Edited by oneskunk

Does anybody know if Office runs processes or services at startup that I can disable before trying an uinstall?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0