Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Offline Beta Coming Dec 21!

33 posts in this topic

We finally have a full mac beta (closed this week) so someone other than me can try it!

Monday the official offline open beta will start. Note I will be out of town the whole week so please report all bugs to the official bug forum!

Note that performance is *not* final, I still need to talk with Apple after Christmas to work on optimizations. Right now its pretty lame on my crappy Gt120. Was better a few days ago *sigh*.

ALso note that the beta is *likely* to use a lot more memory than it should, so be aware this is also not final. I think its some interaction with the new texture loading code and Apple's opengl which bloats the textures.

Shaders all work although the water reflections likely requires a decent cpu/gpu.

There is still ongoing art optimizations as well.

If you have any problems *report them in the bug forum not here* although go ahead and ask questions (once I am back Dec 26). Make sure when you report issues you post your CPU/RAM/Video card/VRAM and OS.

Remember this is Intel only and requires 10.5 or 10.6.

The sound still sucketh until we can afford to buy the new sound framework (9K).

Have fun mowing down clone inf, but remember to test everything every way.

rain.jpg

Also you can leave clones out, then spawn in again add some more, etc. To spawn in a town, go to the theatre map, click on a town, zoom in and click on a depot of AB.

rain2.jpg

Edited by AHWULF

I haven't really bothered to ask, but on offline, is there some way to turn the weather on/off? I'd expect so, but I was just wondering how that worked.

In 1.31 of course only, .rain then usually .rain again. There will be various info when the beta is released monday. Many debugging type things are enabled to help in testing.

Gophur had trouble getting the build to build today. I fixed the issue so it should be buildable again.

Remember I will be out of the world (err country) next week.

Just an FYI, I have a MacBook Pro with ATI VGA, and has serious issue running it.

Basically, I could not play it at all, even though it did not CTD.

Dont be surprised if yours will not work.

Remember that the code is far from done and polished yet. Still lots of work to do before 1.31 goes live.

I therefore expect the performance to increase during the process.

Can someone link me to the mac download so I can see if my machine is even gonna run it?

Yes, I need to find the same thing here.

Sparre' date=' how long would be mac download delay?[/quote']

It seems Gophur was unable to make a Mac client for us this time. :(

I have no clue when it will come. Hopefully soon but not soon™ if you know what I mean. ;)

Maybe Ahwulf knows something.

Typical' date=' but i doubt my computer will run it, so its whatever. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah I'm hoping I'll be able to at least play the game (I don't care about all the graphics etc..)

Yeah, I have to say, I have a pretty strong feeling that 1.31 will mark the end of my WWIIOL career. Right now, with a pretty good Mac, I have to run the game without tags or HUD. Looking at the 1.31 min specs, it seems pretty clear I will be out of luck.

I'm able to run the beta in boot camp using Windows XP on my Imac (Intel Core2Duo 2.6 GHz) no problem. That's always an option.

Yeah' date=' I have to say, I have a pretty strong feeling that 1.31 will mark the end of my WWIIOL career. Right now, with a pretty good Mac, I have to run the game without tags or HUD. Looking at the 1.31 min specs, it seems pretty clear I will be out of luck.[/quote']

You won't have as much of a problem as me. :P

Macbook

2.13 Ghz Intel Core 2 Dou

2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Geforce 9400M ( insert sad face here)

I'm pretty freaking sure I'll be averaging about 15 to 20 FPS, but couldn't be any worse than my G5 Days... (always 10-15 FPS in medium battles)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0