Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tebriel

Force Feedback?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any plans to eventually support FF in BE?

I'm hoping devs post here sometimes... ^_^

no. it's never going to happen.

got the final word on that around 2002-3.

reason: "bang for the buck"

not enough interest in FFB in general, let alone cause someone (well, enough people really, as it'd have to be way more than just ONE, lol, like ) to only subscribe (pay money monthly!) to the game solely because it offered FFB, at best, anyone who saw it had FFB would go "oh that's neat", not scrabble to get a subscription..

one more thing to cause bugs, eat fps, ect. not just the first time implemented but something could break with it or it cause a break of something else during each patch, dragging the rest of the game's development..

one more thing to take away one of the very, very few coders from doing something else that has a much more wide appeal/attraction to bring more people to subscribe to the game/make the game cooler.. ect..

would it be cool? yup!

still, not gonna happen sadly...

just relaying what the rats told me directly, many years ago when I worked on the keymapper..

Okay, that stinks but I can understand the reasoning. It's a shame there's no way to get it to happen without developer involvement (player volunteer work with programmable joystick software or some such).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0