Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gigerman

CFML Key, Switch Type?

7 posts in this topic

Maybe I've skipped over it somewhere in the existing documentation, but I haven't found any way to change a key setting from a "toggle" to a "press-and-hold" type switch, or vice versa. Anybody know how/if possible?

The ability to change between those depends on the function you are trying to change.
Well, specifically, I was thinking about setting up a secondary "aim" key for infantry as a "toggle" (so I hit it once, and the aim is held until I turn it off)—lazy, I know ;)

Similar subject—I've tried to set up a key to continuously release bombs, as a press-and-hold key, but the best I've managed is to get it to dump them all at once—helpful, but not what I was going for.

Well, specifically, I was thinking about setting up a secondary "aim" key for infantry as a "toggle" (so I hit it once, and the aim is held until I turn it off)—lazy, I know ;)

Similar subject—I've tried to set up a key to continuously release bombs, as a press-and-hold key, but the best I've managed is to get it to dump them all at once—helpful, but not what I was going for.

You can't make a key for the aim when as an infantry unit. But you can hold down alt while you are right clicking to aim release the right click and you stay in the aiming mode after you let go of the alt key.

As for the bombing you would have to create a macro with your j/s. If you tell us what kind of j/s you have someone may have a macro already for it.

You can't make a key for the aim when as an infantry unit. But you can hold down alt while you are right clicking to aim release the right click and you stay in the aiming mode after you let go of the alt key.

As for the bombing you would have to create a macro with your j/s. If you tell us what kind of j/s you have someone may have a macro already for it.

Tested. Sure enough works, though it seems you have to actually move the mouse a bit before it "holds" the aim/zoom. Feature or bug, I wonder? ;) In any case, problem solved (temporarily, at least).

As to the macro—probably more trouble than it's really worth. If I ever get to the point where I really need it, I'll bear that in mind, though. That being said, I wonder if a "legit" ripple-fire might be a good feature for future versions?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0