Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Offline Beta Here!

37 posts in this topic

Thanks...I'm going to drop the order on Tuesday, I think.

Steese

I have the same spec iMac on order since the new year.. I hope I get mine this week.. I am starting to get anxious..

Better than I thought with that 9400M. Can you tell which setting changes the FPS the worst?

It really varied a lot. I would sometimes just turn off shadows and things would average around 10-20 and thats with rain on. Then something would happen to the detail on the trees and I would drop down to around 5-7 FPS. (Maybe I was hitting the wrong F's)

But the performance wise was a lot better than I expected. Now in Big city fights I would probably steer far away from.

BTW love the new trees, actually feels like a real forest!

PS only got to load it about 4 times on different settings. That really seemed to change the FPS averages, not sure why that would make a huge difference though.

Edited by viruses

Gettin exactly same results as viruses with mbpro and 9400M.

More of a problem is the crazy lag that occurs when fps jumps, wasn't that bad with 1.30.

Btw, are we supposed to be able to mark things on map in the beta? right click on map does nothing here.

Marking the map is a server side action, so no it won't work offline.

The 9400M is basically using your RAM so technically its not supported, which explains the wildly varying FPS. Of course if you can find a config where it works then great. If you only have 2GB of ram the beta will make this worse, as it eats a lot of memory.

Shadows and water reflections are the two slowest features for sure. Both involves extra drawing and operations that will slow you down on marginal cards. The other shaders seem to make little difference.

Go to Theatre map. Click on town. Zoom in. Pick a spawn depo/ab. Spawn. Note that it forgets the location when you respawn.

thank you thank you.

I've had a chance to look at some of the bigger cities that way. I've wandered by land and air and I like what I've seen. Mostly. The cities look more realistic. Especially from the air. They look very good from the air.

The tree berms look great, the bush berms are ok, and IMO should be mixed with the old kind or something. They just don't look right sometimes as is. Occasionaly the placement looks good.

The forests suck. The forests look like crap. The have no undergrowth and actually offer less concealment than any other terrain type except open plain. The trees look better and they may offer tank obstruction now, that's all I can put in the 'Pro-new forest' column. I think they need work.

The cities look great from the air though. :)

I get in, go to pick a infantryman or something else, get loading screen then CTD. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro

2 x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 2 GB 667 DDR2

Geforce 256MB Geforce 7300 GT

Paste in the ctd up to and including the section marked Thread XXX Crashed (all the names in a list).

There are issues with the 7300, the card is pretty lame. Romzburg gets 0.1 fps instead of a crash. Is this 10.5 or 10.6?

At least with a MP you can upgrade the video card.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me how to give you the CTD log?

Also, could you suggest your preference for an upgraded 3D card that would run the game well?

You should see the crashreporter come up, then you can paste the CTD info into the Bug Forum, at least up to and including the Thread XXX Crashed section. It should also be visible in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter somewhere.

If you have a gen 1/2 MacPro like Romz you might be be limited by what fits in the slot. An 8800GT will for sure; a 4870 might. He's looking at something similar. You can also find people selling "flashed" PC video cards for less on the internet, depends on how much risk you want to take :-) Those are the only two cards I think should fit in all MacPros; later MPs can also take the GT285 (more $) which is a monster. I put a 4870 into my 2009 MP.

Right now the game is GPU limited on weak cards and CPU limited on better cards. Still working on this of course.

Well I went and checked all crash logs and I can't find anything dated today or game related. It just dumps me out to desktop with no crash popup or report showing.

Any other suggestions on where I might look?

At this point, the app has changed so much I'd wait for the next open beta. Usually if its a real CTD, you will see crashreporter come up. Did you try to go online? It was offline only.

mrpapp-

Sounds similar to something I experienced yesterday with the newest beta.

I'd pick an infantryman/ATG/Tank whatever, click spawn and after a second or two I'd CTD before I ever actually spawned.

As I was methodically going through different game settings troubleshooting something else, I finally found that the only setting that gave me that CTD was having "Water shaders" enabled. I disabled the water shaders in the video settings and I've been able to spawn in every time since.

Might be worth giving a shot, anyway.

Edited by codguy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0