Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawkeye

New computer gets stuck at startup screen on and offline

17 posts in this topic

ACPI x64 based pc

AMD Athlom II x2 245 processors (dual channel)

Nvida GeForce 9800 GTX+

4 g dual channel ram

HTO Striker 7.1 sound card

windows 7

When I start up the game it freezes at the persona menu both on and offline, when online it still shows the original message that was posted just after the last map was won, this even after I deleted the original download thinking that it was corupted.

I am not a computer wizard so if you have some fixes please explain them throughly.

Thanks

Bird

tried complete uninstall and deleted everything i could find and I still return to the same message from the end of the last map on persona screen.

Okay I tried everything I need someone to tell me how to uninstall everything in a windows 7 OS, I can find info for previous systems but not win7

having same problems in wiin7, mouse pointer is frozen at entry screen, run compatability mode, changed to vista ser pack 2 but still not working, downloaded win7 latest mouse drivers from saitek, stumped now?

Make sure you are running it as an Administrator. This can be done within one of the tabs under the shortcut properties. Or just right click on Play Online and select Run As Administrator

Already did that, and I am seeing others posting here on seperate threads that are having the same problem

If the mouse isn't working after setting compatibility mode, please try the 1.31 Offline beta.

If the mouse doesn't work there, we're not sure what the issue is.

Please tell us your mouse and list other peripherals plugged in (sticks, pedals, etc.)

Okay I just tried the open beta and everything worked fine, I didn't have the speakers plugged in, the only thing that was plugged into the new computer and this is through a k switch (2 or more puters hooked to 1 mouse, keyboard, printer type of crap) was keyboard and mouse, nothing else was hooked up at all.

Bird

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia driver. Built a new system with Win 7 and had a similar problem. Downloaded the latest driver and it solved it.

Yup already did the driver bit

Only thing I can see is the Kswitch deal thingy. I've no experience with such a animal....Does it require a driver? Have you tried just plugging a mouse and keyboard into this comp/not via the switch?

What are the make and models of the mouse and keyboard?....Logitec? Saitek?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0