Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Netfytr

The help NETFYTR get ww2online working on new puter so I dont havta unsub thread

55 posts in this topic

aktiontek m1424

using FiOS?

Anyhoo, open up a browser window (IE, Firefox, whatever you use) and type in 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar. The log in should be the user name and password used during the setup of your FiOS service. If not, check with Verizon to see if they can tell you what it is. (iirc, the defaults are Name : Admin; PW: password)

Once logged in to the router, you want to click on "Security" at the top of the page, then select "Port Forwarding" from the menu on the left.

Now you want to click "Add" to add the port forwarding rule. Next click "Add Server Ports" and select "TCP" from the protocol dropdown box. You can type in WWII Online or BE or whatever for the program name.

On the next line select "Range" in the Source Ports drop-down and enter "27015" in the left Source Ports box and "27020" in the right one, then do the same thing for the "Destination Ports" line. Click OK.

The next screen will ask you what device to forward the ports to. Simply enter the ip address for hte computer you are running BE on. To find the IP address, go to start>run and type in cmd.exe and hit enter. on the command prompt line, type in ipconfig and hit enter. The IP Address will be displayed in the command prompt.

You can also download and run Checknet4, it's a network troubleshooting tool CRS has put out to help identify connection issues.

Hope this helps.

CheckNet is broken, so I don't think that is the problem.

When you try Practice Offline with 1.30, and it fails, anything in your log file now?

C:\\documents\Battleground Europe\ww2_log.txt

CheckNet is broken, so I don't think that is the problem.

When you try Practice Offline with 1.30, and it fails, anything in your log file now?

C:\\documents\Battleground Europe\ww2_log.txt

lol, well, so much for that idea.

checknet is working results posted above, i have no error log listed to look at, game will not run offline either, am working on the modem thing now

well the router thing had no effect, gain when i try to log on i make it all the way to choosing training or campaign, either one screen goes bleck for a moment then returnes to desktop,thanks for the suggestions losing hope

okie doke, the 1.31 offline beta is working though, correct?

Maybe try to re-install 1.30.

Take your BE folder from MY Documents and make sure you back it up (change the folder name to "Battleground Europe Old" or something like that), then, using a program like Revo Uninstaller (do not use window's built in uninstaller) do an "Advanced" uninstall (it will clear out all registry and temp folder entries as well), making sure to select and delete all registry entries and leftover files (these are two flash screens that appear after the main uninstall has completed).

Once this is done, Download the full installer from the BE website and re-install everything, then replace the new BE folder in My Docs with your old one (the one we changed the name of earlier) to restore your keymaps and any pictures you have taken).

checknet is working results posted above' date=' i have no error log listed to look at, game will not run offline either, am working on the modem thing now[/quote']

Dude. It is NOT working.

These lines:

Test 4: Main PingPri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 5: Main PingAlt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 6: Main Chat WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Get the same results for everyone. They are false. It has been that way since we released 1.30. There was a chance to some host stuff that makes it non-functional.

Thus, failing on those lines of CheckNet means nothing at all.

DID you do a Memtest ? as The game use lot of memory your computer could be work fine and just have a problem in game.

a friend got some problems in game , with lot of CTD ,and that was a RAM issue.

his computer is a I5 750 and ATI4890 video card

Edited by SOLOJE

Had major problems on another machine with windows 7 64 bit. I uninstalled the game, deleted all the folders that belonged to it and reinstalled the game. It worked.

did you uninstall the old nvidia driver using control panel?

When people say things like 'I deleted the old driver' it worries me.

Edited by Rubbish

downloaded revo uninstall, and attempted to load new graphics driver, when I deleted it and went to download from nvidia the driver would not load had to do a restore......I guess Im just gonna have to wait for 1.31 see if it works then. thanks for all your efforts

Hey NETFYTR I am having the same exact problems that you are having except that I have 2 computers with the KVM switch between them (so I can use the same keyboard, mouse and monitor), I can play on the old computer but not the new one,(I had a real old computer on the other end before and I could play on that also but the fps was 2 to 5), so for some reason there is something in windows7 I believe

ASROCK ATX AMD motherboard

GEFORCE 9800 gtx

Striker soundcard.

Is there a problem between the amd motherboard and GeForce graphics?

I just had a OMG moment, out of desperation I went to nvidia control panel and turned off all the little special effects crap, and switched game to windows 95 mode with sse2 on and game loaded, dont know how stable or if it will load again but.........woot

Bloo' date=' I'd almost bet it was the physX that he disabled.[/quote']

I have PhysX enabled and haven't had a problem. I too am curious as to which setting specifically made the difference.

Net, glad you got it working. Now, can you one by one turn those settings back to what they were until you hit the one that causes the game not to load?

Yes I'm not seeing any difference with physX on or off either...now.

But a year or so back my xp install suddenly started acting the same way as described. I had a vista install at the time and used it to play on but kept tryin to sort out why all of a sudden a driver update had killed BE. I uninstalled/reinstalled nvidia drivers, I d/led later drivers as they came out to no joy. Finaly I had d/led a sub sim that was in very early beta stage and on the forums I read it would only work if you 1st uninstalled the physX driver.

Bingo, BE started workin again and after reinstalling the same driver I had, with physX driver, BE still worked. My only guess is that the driver version that started the whole mess had not fully installed the physX but it was installed just enough to not throw a error. And that later updated drivers did not repair the physX part but just added the newer files over a bad one keeping the corruption going.

And of course his could be some other setting. No way to know unless he posts what he changed.

As I said I didny know how stable it is, but I disabled antialiasing options and threaded optimization, and win95 emeulation, loaded game 2 times. Well today the dam thing wont load again. Very frustrating.

One thing that I wonder about, after you get past the authentication server and you are about to enter the game , when the game should be loading, is this process tied through windows explorer at all? because on my desktop I have explorer 64 bit option or 32 bit option????? any connection?

One thing that I wonder about' date=' after you get past the authentication server and you are about to enter the game , when the game should be loading, is this process tied through windows explorer at all? because on my desktop I have explorer 64 bit option or 32 bit option????? any connection?[/quote']

not sure what your asking here. The game will only run in 32-bit. If you have Windows 64-bit OS, it runs under WoW64 (which is a 32-bit OS Emulator embedded in the 64-bit OS). The OS should take care of this automatically without any direction from the user.

the problem is somewhere in software. I notice on my old computer after you press campaign button a lil window opens breifly it is a exe. then game loads, but on new puter after that lil window opens the window showing campaign or training comes back then says ww2 stopped working.man wtf one day it works the next it wont do cheet no matter what setting its on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0