Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lunkin

Low FPS Help

29 posts in this topic

Im not a computer geek so I need it in plain english. I dont know my video card, I have 5 free gigs and a good wireless connection but im getting patches every few seconds of 5-7 fps NEED HELP PLEASE !!!:confused:

We need a lot more info such as processor, video card etc.

Maybe try getting a device report.

You have to find out what video card you have then go to the nvidia or ATI site and download the latest driver.

have to find latest chipset drivers for your motherboard etc.

Do you know what model of computer - what have you done to try and fix ??

Do you run anti virus etc.

May be worth turning everything off and running the game.

We need a lot more info such as processor, video card etc.

Maybe try getting a device report.

You have to find out what video card you have then go to the nvidia or ATI site and download the latest driver.

have to find latest chipset drivers for your motherboard etc.

Do you know what model of computer - what have you done to try and fix ??

Do you run anti virus etc.

May be worth turning everything off and running the game.

Im not a computer geek so I need it in plain english. I dont know my video card

durr........

Im not a computer geek so I need it in plain english. I dont know my video card

durr........

1.) go to the folder were the game is installed.

2.) there you will find a program called "wwiiol_netcheck.bat" (you may see it as: "wwiiol_netcheck")

3.) run it by double-clicking

4.) wait until is finished

5.) now you will see a file "dxdiag.txt" (you may see it as "dxdiag")

6.) open this file by double-clicking

7.) post the text (copy&paste) here (you may need to split into several

postings due to file size)

Checknet is Broken per Bloo

It still creates the dxdiag stuff or at least mine does. I think what Bloo was refering to was that it's broken as to checking net route.

Checknet is Broken per Bloo

what we need is the "dxdiag.txt" output to get at least

a basic idea what his rig looks like. That the IP routes

are not valid doesn´t matter yet.

It still creates the dxdiag stuff or at least mine does. I think what Bloo was refering to was that it's broken as to checking net route.

yea, that's what he meant. I just wanted to make sure that he wasn't surprised when he got a bunch of network errors reported.

yea' date=' that's what he meant. I just wanted to make sure that he wasn't surprised when he got a bunch of network errors reported.[/quote']

I have a german OS. otherwise I would have recommended

the short way:

click "Start", then "Ausführen" ("run?"), in the pop-up window

write"dxdiag", press "OK" ... dxdiag starts, then press "Alle

Informationen speichern" ("save all results?") ... chose a

folder and save as "mydiag.txt"... then post "mydiag.txt" here.

Maybe someone who has an English OS can post this short how-to.

Edited by sflo

I have a german OS. otherwise I would have recommended

the short way:

click "Start", then "Ausführen" ("run?"), in the pop-up window

write"dxdiag", press "OK" ... dxdiag starts, then press "Alle

Informationen speichern" ("save all results?") ... chose a

folder and save as "mydiag.txt"... then post "mydiag.txt" here.

Maybe someone who has an English OS can post this short how-to.

NP.

Start>Run>"dxdiag">ok

First Pop-up: "Yes"

Next Pop-up: "Save all Information"

Next Pop-up: "Save"

it will default save a dxdiag.txt file in your my documents folder. open that and post the results here.

NP.

Start>Run>"dxdiag">ok

it will default save a dxdiag.txt file in your my documents folder. open that and post the results here.

It did'nt save a file in my documents

This I know about my computer: Graphics Crad: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120m, Laptop on a docking station. Windows XP, Dell, Wireless Connection. I hope this helps.

NP.

Start>Run>"dxdiag">ok

Ok well I found it and its too long to post.

This I know about my computer: Graphics Crad: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120m' date=' Laptop on a docking station. Windows XP, Dell, Wireless Connection. I hope this helps.[/quote']

What model dell do you have?

Could it be because im behind a firewall ?:confused:

Firewall will stop you from launching the game but not affect fps ingame so no.

Need the dxdiag.

As said click on start, select "run" type in dxdiag and hit enter.

It's going to take a minute after the box opens to complete so wait till it has completed the diagnosis.

Then click save or save all and choose where to save to. Then you will need to copy and paste here and it will take about 3 seperate posts to get it all in here.

Hummm I suspect that this NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120m maybe a fps prob.

I'm not realy up to date on quatro cards other than they are not realy the best for gameing. A quick google shows it as being based off the GeForce Go 7400, the 7xxx cards are 4 generations old.

Hummm I suspect that this NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120m maybe a fps prob.

I'm not realy up to date on quatro cards other than they are not realy the best for gameing. A quick google shows it as being based off the GeForce Go 7400, the 7xxx cards are 4 generations old.

Typically a Quadro card will perform realtively similar to it's GeForce counterpart.

The GeForce Go 7400 (and by extension the Quadro NVS 120M) is above the currently listed minimum specs, and although both cards perfrom worse than the Intl GMA4500 Integrated Graphics Controllers, it shouldn't result in routine drops in FPS but rather a steady low framerate.

Typically the rythmic drops in framerate are caused by a large quantity of data having to be processed (in this case rendered) on a certain interval. Now keep in mind the "Large" in this case is relative to what the hardware is designed to handle smoothly. Also, in the case of BE, such bottlenecks are more often found in the CPU (or somewhere else in the Data Processing Path)rather than the GPU.

I noticed you say your have "5 gigs spare". I take it this is RAM? Are you using Win XP x64? if not, get rid of 1 or 2 gigs of that memory, as you actually have too much for the OS to handle (or even view).

Also, what is your typical packet loss while playing? High PL can also account for an increased workload on the CPU and thus result in a significant drop in FPS.

First...under Persona/Video and want you to turn off vertical syncing and runahead. Under UI I want you to turn off the minimap. Reduce clutter and smoke etc.

As for rythmic fps drop that could be a background problem. I want you to run MSCONFIG and under startup turn off those programs that you dont run. You will not lose the programs but they will not be running at startup freeing memory. You could be well running out of free ram and hitting the HD. When you see the fps drop do you see your HD led showing activity? We need to see the dxdiagnostic or we cannot help you more than guessing. Be careful what you turn off..some are required and some are just clutter that manufacturers install. If you have a question about a program, ask here before you turn off.

Typically a Quadro card will perform realtively similar to it's GeForce counterpart.

The GeForce Go 7400 (and by extension the Quadro NVS 120M) is above the currently listed minimum specs, and although both cards perfrom worse than the Intl GMA4500 Integrated Graphics Controllers, it shouldn't result in routine drops in FPS but rather a steady low framerate.

Typically the rythmic drops in framerate are caused by a large quantity of data having to be processed (in this case rendered) on a certain interval. Now keep in mind the "Large" in this case is relative to what the hardware is designed to handle smoothly. Also, in the case of BE, such bottlenecks are more often found in the CPU (or somewhere else in the Data Processing Path)rather than the GPU.

I noticed you say your have "5 gigs spare". I take it this is RAM? Are you using Win XP x64? if not, get rid of 1 or 2 gigs of that memory, as you actually have too much for the OS to handle (or even view).

Also, what is your typical packet loss while playing? High PL can also account for an increased workload on the CPU and thus result in a significant drop in FPS.

I'm suspecting the 5 gigs spare is all the HD space he has left Hick, but I may be wrong.

I'm suspecting the 5 gigs spare is all the HD space he has left Hick' date=' but I may be wrong.[/quote']

That would make a bit more sense, and depending on what % that is of te total HDD capacity, may also be the cause of his problems either in whole or in part. Once a HDD gets around 90% full or more, the performance of the computer dramatically slows.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0