Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Netfytr

Netfytr Computer Part Duex

44 posts in this topic

Well,still not working.Am downloading game again.First new question, does boot up of game utilise explorer at all?

also no matter what remnants of game I delete, which is all of them, when I reload game and check compatibility modes, it is still retaining the setting from the previous attempts.

another question......if it is as simple as audio being set to software.....this can only be changed in game,so how am I supposed to change it to chec k?

I truly believe at this point the reason I cannot log into game is due to some ingame settings. So the big question is again how do you manipulate the ingame settings if you cannot get into the game

?

Basic values can be changed with Start>Programs>CRS>Battleground Europe>Settings

Others can be edited (if, for example, your drive is C: and your account in Windows is netfytr)

in C:\Documents and Settings\netfytr\My Documents\Battleground Europe\wwiiol.xml

the settings available in windows is not the same as all those little settings ingame, for example u can check sse2 on from windows and off when your actually in the game

You can uncheck sse2 in the settings app. It is on the bottom and it is a check box. You can also copy your settings over from the beta over to the live version if you wanted to.

Edited by natedawg

Hey net try this. I have an alienware laptop and after subbing back 6 months ago and unsubbing becuase i couldn't get it to launch i though i would try again today...run in sse mode...but on resolution don't run at 1920x1200 but instead 1920x1080.....also running in windows 95 compatibility. But also make sure your computer is set at the 1920x1080. I have a couple of other things disabled, but tell me if that works before we go any further.

Netfyter, are you using Revo to uninstall the game and cleaning the registry entries and left over files?

If not, then you need to do this to ensure there are absolutely no remnants of the previous installs on your computer.

Netfytr just checking here what really happens? Does the game freeze up at the persona page when you log in like mine? I can't get anything to work eigther

Bird

yes im using revo uninstall' date='and already running at max resolution[/quote']

Go one below max resolution. That was my problem, but your computer also has to be set one below max resolution too. They must both match.

currently the computer makes it to and past the pswd and screenname part no problem, its when you load persona ,the screen goes black and back to desktop, or just black, or says ww2 stopped working, depending on what windows version i am trying to emulate. I will try the resolution thing. Thanks for the suggestions

currently the computer makes it to and past the pswd and screenname part no problem' date=' its when you load persona ,the screen goes black and back to desktop, or just black, or says ww2 stopped working, depending on what windows version i am trying to emulate. I will try the resolution thing. Thanks for the suggestions[/quote']

okie doke, so you are actually getting to the persona select screen now?

If so, there are 3 files in your Battleground Europe folder in My Documents. They are WW2_Log.txt, WWIIOL.txt, and errinfo.dmp

Open all these with notepad and post their contents here. That will greatly aid in finding your problem.

after following all 3 of these threads it is Drivers. you tried to update but wouldnt take.. you messed with some nvidia settings, and were able to play for a bit. it is a driver problem.

after following all 3 of these threads it is Drivers. you tried to update but wouldnt take.. you messed with some nvidia settings' date=' and were able to play for a bit. it is a driver problem.[/quote']

most likely, nVidia's latest batch of drivers are all screwy atm.

But since it is much more likely that CRS will figure out a fix before nVidia does, posting his logs will go a long way in helping solve the problem.

I took down the new puter so I can play a little on old computer. I will get those items and post them. fyi I called alienware and the guy actually updated driver for me remotely.funny thing is when I look at various places for driver version it still shows old one...mmmm

I took down the new puter so I can play a little on old computer. I will get those items and post them. fyi I called alienware and the guy actually updated driver for me remotely.funny thing is when I look at various places for driver version it still shows old one...mmmm

Here's an oddball thing to try. Go to your Device Manager (Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware) and click on "Display" and double click on the Graphics Card. Then, under the "Drivers Tab" select "Uninstall Driver". This will remove the nVidia driver and force a restart, upon which Windows should install the Windows Default VGA Adapter Drivers. Your Resolution will need to be reset afterwards (it will reboot in VGA, or 640x480). Try to launch the game after doing this. If it works, then the nVidia driver is definitely to blame.

Hicks I just tried that myself I couldn't get past the login page, keeps dropping me back to desktop

Bird

Part 2 of uninstalling Geforce drivers,

Well damn after uninstalling the drivers I went back to Nvidia and downloaded the drivers but the computer couldn't install them said couldn't find the hardware, had to rollback computer to restore point 4 days ago, man am I lost, but after I did that I could get to the persona screen where it locked up again so here I am again.

Bird

Part 2 of uninstalling Geforce drivers,

Well damn after uninstalling the drivers I went back to Nvidia and downloaded the drivers but the computer couldn't install them said couldn't find the hardware, had to rollback computer to restore point 4 days ago, man am I lost, but after I did that I could get to the persona screen where it locked up again so here I am again.

Bird

what card do you have? Sounds like there is an issue with the card itself, unless you downloaded the wrong driver from nVidia.

heres the errorinfo.....1

$Id: wwiiClientMessages.cpp 1303 2009-05-09 00:34:42Z osmith@CRS $

This file contains data on the last abnormal application termination that is used to submit crash information automatically to Playnet. Data solely describes the fault and does not contain any system/personal identification.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0