Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nrthpole

Can't Log in WW2 Domain Renewal ??

15 posts in this topic

4AM pacific Time my usual log in loads a WW2 domain page renewal instead of the usual WW2 online game page... & hitting the Play Online button quits the launcher instead of getting into my game,.

Anyone else having this problem ? i didn't change anything & tried on 2 systems.

Nrthpole :(

Edited by nrthpole

Seems there is a dns issue..

If your using mac osx then go to applications->utilities->terminal

type:

sudo pico -w /etc/hosts

after you type that then an editor will open the hosts db file...

There will be a few entries in there already. Just add "66.28.224.240 auth.playnet.com" at the bottom where it will look like this:

### Host Database## localhost is used to configure the loopback interface# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.##127.0.0.1       localhost255.255.255.255 broadcasthost::1             localhostfe80::1%lo0     localhost66.28.224.240     auth.playnet.com

Then press control+x and it will ask to save, say yes and then press enter then it will exit and then try logging into the game.

ok did this and it worked... now what did that actually do, & why did i have to enter something into the terminal to get the game to work all of a sudden ?

Thx Tom

Its how DNS works... All computers on the internet have ip address's.. so we dont have to remember a bunch of numbers, we also have a name translation to help remember called DNS.. Takes a name and converts it to a number. Well the DNS is broken for playnet.com over the internet. So what you just did was add a local entry into your computer.

"I want auth.playnet.com, what ip is it?" and instead of going to the internet to find it (where its broken) it was able to find it locally on your computer. When they resolve the issue, it may be wise to remove that entry by going through the same process.

ok did this and it worked... now what did that actually do, & why did i have to enter something into the terminal to get the game to work all of a sudden ?

Thx Tom

because they let the playnet.com domain expire... :D

The domain expiration was supposed to be for 2011. We're not sure why it pooched out a year early.

KILLER got it sorted but it might take a few hours to fully register all over the internetz.

eh.... why is mine saying now after doing ^^^^ that, Patch download?

Also when I say y, it says

"File Name to Write: /etc/hosts[]"

"^G Get Help ^T To Files M-M Mac Format M-P Prepend

^C Cancel M-D DOS format M-A Append M-B Backup File"

It does not exit unless I hit enter.

Edited by stankyus

eh.... why is mine saying now after doing ^^^^ that, Patch download?

Also when I say y, it says

"File Name to Write: /etc/hosts[]"

"^G Get Help ^T To Files M-M Mac Format M-P Prepend

^C Cancel M-D DOS format M-A Append M-B Backup File"

It does not exit unless I hit enter.

It wants to know what file to save it as..

^x (ctrl+x) just means exit and then it asks if you want to save the file and you say "y" for yes and then it asks what filename you want to write "/etc/hosts" is the file it wants to write to so you just hit

Get rid of that stuff now' date=' the domain is fixed. You probably typed something incorrect.[/quote']

As ahwulf has said.. might want to remove the line now and see if it works.. Its not wise to keep that data in there in case CRS decides to change the ip for some reason..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0