Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blade1

[ALLIED] Join the 101st Airborne Today (101st)

633 posts in this topic

AAR for 10-22-05

Codename: Currahee

Tonight a squaddie of mine, Bigmex73, and I were holding Bastogne for the intermission themed "Battle of the Bulge." When I logged in, Bigmex was resupplying a sherman from Flamerigire to Bastogne. I also noticed the tank and inf ews was sounding off over Basotgne. I grabbed a smg, and upon hearing the ab was very loud with gunfire, I figured the enemy was closing in. I ease out of the barracks with my smg raised and fully loaded for action, just incase I saw any baddies then and there. I sweeped the base itself and cleared it, but I still heard gunfire.

I proceeded to sweep the other buildins around the ab. I was just about going to check the church when I saw an ei prone in a berm. I laughed and plugged him with one shot. That's what happens when inf don't take the time to FULLY conceal themselves ! I worked my way to the outskirts of the city when I stopped to see where Bigmex was. I discovered he had vis on my tag.

Well being the pilot he was, his eagle eyes saw a lone ei running right at me, maybe only 700m away from my location. He casually said "There's an ei running to you." So I frantically scanned my flanks and didn't see him. Finally, I got a fix on the bugger but Mex's coxials killed the ei just as I was going to drop him. Usually I would have stuck around there to make sure none of his buddies were following the first ei, but I suddenly heard a firefight break out in the southern depot near the overpass. Grenades went off, smg's rattled, rifles recoiled, I thought to myself "Jeez! What is this? A warzone?" as I cautiously approach the target zone, my gun trained on the area.

I see a few blue tags dash inside the flag house of the depot and after checking the perimeter, I also walked inside to make sure it was clear. My gun was still raised. I entered on the flag side enterance and worked my way around to the radio room and the closet behind the room. When I was inside the closet, the blue tags ran in once more. Just when I was typing something to Mex, I heard two loud screams in the eerie silence that had fell over the area. Of course I had my headphones on with the volume cranked up so I could hear footfalls, let me just tell you, those screams scared the heck outta me! lol I seriously jumped out of chair. Wow.

Anyways, after a few seconds to compose myself (and after I turned the volume back down ) I made my way to the stairs. Someone was obviously killed up there. Normally I would just toss a nade up to the attic to clear it out, but I thought I might need my nades later on. So I sprinted upstairs only to find a lone ei rifleman in the corner with his gun trained on the stairs. He wasn't expecting me to charge him like that, that's for sure. He fire once but missed and as I pumped him full of lead, he managed to get off one lucky shot at me. That round only injured me, probably hit my big toe or something.

We were getting reports that multible ei were inbound s-sw of the city. I immeadiatly moved to help reinforce that flank as it was already near me. Just when I was going to jog to the ruins, I see a swarm of ei inbound from the south. I quickly ducked behind a little patch of grass and picked a few off with my smg (I don't mean to brag, but it was a pretty good shot to make with my smg--they were about 400m south of me). Realizing the enemy was quickly getting a fix on me, I withdrew to the berm 200m behind me and quickly called for some reinforcements. Well just like Superman, Bigmex rolled in with his Sherman to my location--it was like he had super sonic hearing .

Once I oriented him where the baddies were, he opened up his coxials like there was no tomorrow! I wish I could have seen the German's faces when Mex showed up just when he did . The ei were trying to rally at the ruins, but Mex and I pinned them down once we moved up a bit. Some slipped through and escaped to the north of the ruins, but by this time, more bluetag reinforcements were forming. It was an awesome sight to see, Mex was getting some recon intel from me, I was getting tank support from Mex.

Us alone managed to hold the EI at bay by ourselves for nearly 10-15 minutes before bluetags finally started to move up. I think our communication and teamwork really played a factor in that skirmish. Some time thereafter, some lucky Jabber sniped me. I quickly respawned a Super Laffly and hauled some butt back to Mex's position. Once I got back there, the ei swarm was nearly exterminated thanks to Mex and some bluetags. They were just mopping up the place.

Still, I parked my MG-loaded Truck behind Mex to cover him from any sneaky sappers. Once bluetags secured the flanks and the ruins, we decided to advance to look for any enemy msp's in the area. Mex followed a bluetag tanker, I followed Mex in my War Truck. It was great doing that, it felt like a real armor convoy on the move--Got your heavies infront of the column (the shermans) and the Supporting units following (meh Super Laffly). After a 600m push up, we found nothing and RTB back in bastogne.

When I was an inf for the first part of the mission, I killed 3 ei and hit a fourth. As a Super Laffly, I got 2 ei wounded no kills.

BigMex on the other hand, racked up 11 kills during that engagement!

The Battle of Bastogne of 1945 has been repeated today in WWIIOL:BE. The legacy of the "Battered Bastards of Bastogne" lives on. Bigmex and I both dug in and stuck it out, keeping the German hoard from advancing, just like our real life counterparts did so boldly 60 years ago.

Currahee: We Stand Alone Togethor!

Go Airborne!

Join the 101st Airborne "Screamin' Eagles" and be one of the few to wear the symbolic patch:

101stairborne9ni.jpg

Tell em Gunnie sent ya!

Only YOU Can Prevent German Victory!

Join The 101st Airborne And Help Us Own Some Gerry!

You can stop by in our squad forums at http://www.oldabe.org/iboard and I will personally see to it you get your jump boots and a bunk in our barracks (I call it The Eagle's Nest ;) ). Before you know it, you will be jumping outta planes in no time! You will be part of a well oiled war machine! You will be Airborne!

We have successfully held Peer over the past couple of days. When the boss yells 'Hold here!' we do just that! As long as we're on patrol, we will hold the line! Why? Because we're Airborne and we're the most stubborn troops you'll ever find. stargate6.gif oldabe.org

beaneagle4ab.jpg

Air Corps wants YOU! The 101st Air Corps is looking for a Fighter Wing Leader.

Qualifications:

1) Ability to shoot red circles

2) Ability to shoot ei at 300mph

3) Ability to wing up and lead a group into battle

4) Willing to be the first one in a conga line, and get back up and do it again

Prerequisites:

1) Need to have a min of 1 sortie in Allied Forces

2) Be able to spawn a hurri I

3) Be able to be drunk and be audible on TS

4) Be able to lead other players

5) Play Allied Exclusively

Benefits:

1) Clean sheets and 3 squares a day

2) Never sleeping in the mud again

If you can answer yes to any of these items then apply by a PM. All applications need to be in this format.

Name:

Current Squad:

Squad Rank:

Reasons why you are right for this Job:

101st is also looking for New players in all Platoons (1st Infantry) (2nd Tankers) and time zones. www.oldabe.org

Heckova Flight Wing the 101st Airborne has--Become the one of the best in the skies of Europe :)

Join the 101st Airborne fighting the Germans usually fighting as british ground forces (mostly paras and glider missions). We have 2 platoons 1 air corps and 1 special ops team. Join today and enlist in the ranks of the 101st airborne at oldabe.org.

So...

When YOU join the 101st will you get medals?:confused:

YOU BET!!!:D

To Quote our Commanding Officer Knight31:

Guys here are some basic ribbon bars for everyone to use. These do not include any individual ribbons that may have been earned. These are what the unit as a whole are eligible to wear...

standard_ribbon_bar_wo_jw_copy_211.gif

And of course there is this Award:

jwpf_710.jpg

It's the Jump Wings

The 101st runs training sessions on the training server open to all 101st members. Because it is run on the training server you can attend even if you don't yet have the ingame rank in the live server to spawn a Paratrooper.

All paras who successfully land within 100m of the target on 5 successive Jumps will pass.

We're still around kickin' butt and screamin' hard!

www.oldabe.org

Join the 101st 'Screaming Eagles' Airborne before Cpt. Sobel takes away your weekend passes ;)

One WWIIOL-BE subscription: $12.99

16 Buffalo Wings to nibble on when spawning: $8.50

A six pack to bring for the long C-47 ride: $6.99

Pwning Gerry after a pinpoint paradrop: Priceless

Randez-vous With Destiny, join the 101st Airborne today!

www.oldabe.org

Currahee!

Train hard

That's our key

We stand alone together!

Currahee!

Jump right

No time for tea

We stand alone together!

Currahee!

Fight well

Bust Gerry's knee