Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blade1

[ALLIED] Join the 101st Airborne Today (101st)

633 posts in this topic

Join the 101st Airborne today, predominatley US tz (Im UK based) but looking for players of all timezones.

Check us out on www.oldabe.net

We provide training in all areas, dont feel like you have to be a Weasel for ever.

If you like what you see then hit us up S!

Edited by gaze11e

S! Gents. I've been playing with you the last 3 nights as a recruit (joined via the option to join a squad during the log-in process) and I am hooked. Squared away group and following shadow, husker, strike, raven, and others around is definitely increasing my own lethality. Anyway, I am not sure how/where to go to sign up/enlist so any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Please visit our website at www.oldabe.net

There you will find the sign up area and we will get you squared away.

Its been fun running with you over the last few days and I am glad you enjoyed your time so far.

It is true that a person becomes much more deadly when playing in a squad. Make it a good squad and you become even more effective.

Thanks again and look forward to more gaming with you. Raven4 can help you our even further in the process and I will PM him so he knows.

S!

HuskerGI

As a reminder, come join up with us!

We have members that are HC, long time, new, and returning players so we are very well rounded.

We play as a group and strive to help each other out to make the game as fun and positive as it can be.

www.oldabe.net for the details.

Join up, bring a friend, help make the 101st stronger and in turn help make the game better.

S!

HuskerGI

(feel free to PM me in game or on either forums for help or info)

Please visit our website at www.oldabe.net

There you will find the sign up area and we will get you squared away.

Its been fun running with you over the last few days and I am glad you enjoyed your time so far.

It is true that a person becomes much more deadly when playing in a squad. Make it a good squad and you become even more effective.

Thanks again and look forward to more gaming with you. Raven4 can help you our even further in the process and I will PM him so he knows.

S!

HuskerGI

Thanks for the heads up Husker. I have registered at oldabe.net but cannot post yet as my status is still "inactive" and will require one of the administrators to change it. Once that gets done I can complete the enlistment process detailed in the "joining" forum. See you in game.

S! Skers

Thanks for the heads up Husker. I have registered at oldabe.net but cannot post yet as my status is still "inactive" and will require one of the administrators to change it. Once that gets done I can complete the enlistment process detailed in the "joining" forum. See you in game.

S! Skers

I am squared away now.

If you are looking for a fighting force that always works together as a team doing whatever it takes to get the job done, join the 101st airborne today www.oldabe.net

AOIC for Oostende

Date: 2/28/2012

Time: 2030-2200

MOIC: Beniah

AOIC: Shad0w64

Squad: 101st Airborne

As Allies started to build momentum by repelling the Axis attack at Saulty and Pressing hard on Moreille. I looked at the map with Beniah and saw that Dunkerque was only held by 1 naval flag. Also the Axis pulled from Essertuax.

Beniah wanted to P1 Lens to hopefully unbuffer Seclin AF and give the axis problems in that area. I suggested Oostende as a good sneak cap and after softcapping Essertuax I would take my guys (101st Airborne) and glide Mission leaders into Oostende and set about trying to capture the town. The plan was decided and I finished up Essertuax and loaded my guys in Ramsgate for the assualt on Oostende.

We loaded up about 10 Mission leaders and another 8 squadies to hit Oostende Hard. Axis were very slow to respond and despite some EA resistance and a single EI in the Vuerne CP Area we took the Vuerne and Diksmuide CP with relatively little resistance. I then had 2 MLs work their FRUs for the Ramsgate CP and the docks. After about 15mins we had 2 FRUs up and 3 Guys fighting over the docks dodging EDDs and a couple EI. By this point I had 4 guys guarding the Vuerne CP and the rest working in teams of three to continue to press the rest of the Axis held CPs.

Thrance managed to work up and stealth cap the WAB as we Captured the Docks bouncing their Naval flag. Dogface then took over as WAB guard and Thrance moved on. A team of 3 lead by Trevor8 Worked up the East flank of town capturing cps as they went. All we had left was the EAB and we owned the town. Trevor8 and his group of 3 (shawnwg78 and bobbilicus) were making good progress on the EAB timer, but Dogface reported he killed an EI in the WAB bunker but was in the process of resetting the timer.

Being a new player Dogface didn't realize the timer was going the wrong way (a very easy mistake) and exactly 38 Seconds before the EAB was captured Axis Recaptured the WAB. Dogface realizing his mistake then Cleared the WAB and started the cap again.

At this point Axis were in a panic and had flooded the town with several FRUs from their FB which came up from Vuerne when we took the docks. They tried several times to take the Vuerne CP from us but myself and the 3 other defenders (Lanyard, Snodos, and Gatsby9) held strong. They eventually went after our FRUs and took them down leaving us with out respawn capability to defend. We held them off a while longer till we had a FRU and FB team to their FB. The axis LMGs finally Rambo charged with 4 LMGs and quickly overwhelmed us in the CP.

We then switched to R0cc0's Mission to take down their FB. R0cc0 got 4 off on Infantry and then another 4 off as our last man was in place to drop Vehicle. Before the last charge blew taking down the FB Axis recapped the Vuerne CP and moved an Inf bde. Axis FB down due to bde moved in. FB team was Seconds too late.

At this point Bobbilicul, Oldzeke, and Dogface were making great headway on the WAB bunker having the timer at a reported 78%. Trevor8 was guarding the EAB bunker with his FRU, Lipton was guarding the Docks with his FRU and Ratzilla was guarding the Ramsgate CP (spawnable) from a spawnable mission. Bludshot11 snuck in and Retook the Vuerne CP, but at the same time the WAB cappers were rushed by Axis Rifle Grenadiers, smgs, and lmgs. They killed a few, but in the end were overwhelmed and all killed. Axis regained control of the bunker.

Axis once again recaptured the Vuerne CP and moved the Div HQ in. This move and Attack forced them to Shift bdes up into Vuerne and also left Poperinge and Buerges very lonely. Although we missed the attack by a matter of 38 seconds I feel it was very successful in what we intended for it to do.

I am extremely proud of the way my boys in the 101st followed orders, worked together in teams understanding the importance of each objective they were assigned to take and hold. And the OUTSTANDING communication from all of them. Once we had Oostende on the ropes several other Allies started to jump into the Attack including 4wing squad and various other Allies. The comms coming from all were Outstanding.

It was a great night for the Allies and Comms and Morale were higher then they have been in Months.

S!

Shad0w64

thanks, I should have wrote one up for Schlieden last week and Montherme this week. Maybe the next one I'll be bored enough to write one lol.

This is a great squad! I found them based on my prior experiences as a LW in game back in 2001-03 and briefly in 2008. Great group of experienced players and if you ask them questions they give you good answers and hands on training etc. I have been a member since February of this year, and I cannot complain one iota. Kills are up vice my lone wolf days and squad nights are a damn blast.

Bump for the 101st Airborne.

If you are looking for a group of very good soldiers to fight alongside all the time and have a good time getting better at the game join 101st Airborne today!!!

Still accepting new recruits if you want to play with a well organized fun group of guys.

Come check us out at www.oldabe.net

We are a strong squad that has members that have been playing the game since Day 1.

We have people specializing in all parts of the game such as ground, air, tanking, and naval.

We take pride in being a precise and deadly PARA squad when the need arises. As the game play is more of a sim than just a mere game, we don't always para, but when we do the axis scramble when they relize we are there!

Stop in if you see our recruiters online. We will guide you on the path to fun and understanding the game mechs. We will help you survive longer and have you addicted like we all are!!!

S!

Bump!

I came back to the game in January and joined the 101st in January. I have not regretted it one bit. Outstanding squad.

Nothing like hearing a squad member call out "bombs over target" on a squad night, listening to an accurate ground report, and capped off by the sound of whistling death. Of course there are the para drops too and the occasional "meatbomb" chant, but that is for another time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0