Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Squad Challenge II Rules & Sign Up Thread

34 posts in this topic

Rules ......

1) One Life. No Respawning

2) Only the Equipment listed is allowed.

3) One Hour time limit per Match segment. Each Match will consist of 2 segments, 1 Turn Defending and 1 Turn Attacking. 10 minute intermission between match segments. All Squad will Spawn in at the same time. The Defending Team (Allied) will have a 5 minute head start before the Go Signal is given to the Attacking Team (Axis) to allow them to get to the Farm house and start setting up the Defensive Positions.

4) Allied Unit spawn in at Jodoigne and move to the Farm House and building and set up Defensive positions and Defend the Sheep at all cost.

5) Allied Defence Team will be British Units

6) Axis unit will have 3 starting locations to Choose from. You can divide up your attacking force and spawn some from each location if you choose to. The spawnable towns are Hannut, Egheze, and Tienen.

7) Squads will have 2 weeks to Schedule there Matches. Squads that fail to schedule thier match's in the 2 week aloted time frame will be scored as a Loss

8) Each Squad will have a Squad Member as thier contact person and who is responsible for communicating with thier Opponent and setting up thier Match times in the 2 week scheduling period.

9) Matches need to be Scheduled on a Saturday or a Sunday.

10) The Event will be Round Robin Style, which mean all Squads will play each other at some point in time during the Events course.

Objective ......

To control the Farm and have Infantry inside the Farm Building that has the Stone wall / Steel Rail fence around it. The Team / Squad that has Infantry inside the building when the time limit expires or has killed all the enemy troops will be the winner of that segment.

EQUIPMENT SETS

ALLIED TEAM (ON DEFENSE)

1 - Commander

3 Squads @ 7 infantry per Squad

1 - LMG

1 - MORTOR

2 - SMG

3 - RIFLES

ATG's

2 - ATG's - 2-lber

Tow's

3 - Bedfords

Light Tanks - 3 - A-13's

AXIS TEAM (ATTACKERS)

1 - Commander

3 Squads @ 7 infantry per Squad

1 - LMG

1 - MORTOR

2 - SMG

3 - RIFLES

Light Tanks

5 - 38T's

3 - 251 APC's

RECON PHOTO'S OF THE OBJECTIVE

SShot37.jpg?t=1264914553

SShot38.jpg

SShot39.jpg

Edited by JAMMYMAN

The Rulset at the start of the tournament will be the same ruleset at the end of the tournament correct?

If you want to clarify certain rules and do's and dont's you are better PMing JAMMYMAN' date=' thats what I did.[/quote']

Then I'll have the answer, but someone else may have the same question...

Then I'll have the answer' date=' but someone else may have the same question...[/quote']

Yes, the Rule set is the same through out the Whole tourneyment.

You do not have to deploy the Squads as they are laid out. The Squad List is just that, a List of the Infantry Personas you have to work with. a Base for you to work with.

How you divide up your Troops is totally up to you. All i have restricted you to is the Equipment you can use. we could call it a Platoon instead of a Squad for name sake but you'd still be Limited to those specific numbers in the list.

If you want to send 21 guys towards the farm house together thats your choice, or you can send 7 to this point of attack and 7 to that point of attack and the other 7 to another point of attack. The Commander has total control of his Attack and how he attempts it, his only Restriction is the Equipment List.

same goes for Defending, how you set up your perimiter is totally up to you. the only Restrictions you have are the Equipment set.

Everyone Spawns in at the starting locations and stays there untill the defenders are released to get into defensive positions. 5 minutes later the Attackers will be released to start there Attack. This way, the defenders will not have a Chance to camp a starting FB nor will the Attackers have a Chance to set up at the farm house before the Defenders can get deployed.

FAIR PLAY and HONOR is all i ask for beside the Equipment list restrictions.

i hope this answers any ?'s about how you can utilize your forces and are able to deploy them.

looking forward to this guys.

Will teams have to be balenced or if one squad outnumbers the other is that just how it goes?

looking forward to this guys.

Will teams have to be balenced or if one squad outnumbers the other is that just how it goes?

Thats how it goes Big Joe.

nothing Personal to any squad who signs up.

With that said i have seen in the 1st Squad Challenge a Squad logged in with 1/2 the numbers of the Squad they played wax their Azz :D

Numbers do not mean anything in the Squad Challenge, Communication and Team Work will be the Key to Victory. That is what the Squad Challenges are all about. A Squad working together with all the gears meshing in perfect order.

so far we have 6 Squads

Squad - Contact person (if the person listed is the Contact person, please let me know. all Communications will go to the Contact person)

91st - Messtin (Defending title from SC-I)

505th - FFFF

SFG - Loogan46

13th Infantry - Khbigjoe

101st - Shad0w64

250 Hispana - Ciclo

When the Squads get paired up in the matches. each Squad will have 2 weeks to schedule thier match with thier opponent. you guys talk to each other and come up with a time and date thats best for your Squads. Remember that each Squad should be flexable and try to Compromise a time the each Squad can work with. say one Squad wants to play at Noon on Saturday and 1 Squad wants to play at 10:00 pm on Saturday, try to get a time in the middle like 5 pm or so.

Try to Schedule your Match's on Saturday or Sunday, Days i have off so that i can be present.

If by chance i have to work on a Saturday, i'll let you know and try to get someone to fill in for me and if i can not, we have 2 choices, Reschedule the match or let you play without a referee if both Squads would want to go that route.

Since the sign ups close on Monday, i'll have the Match Ups done Friday and send them out to you on Saturday, March 6th. Since this is the 1st round, and i'm sending out the list on the 6th of March, i'll give you 3 weeks to schedule your matchs. All matchs need to be scheduled and completed by the 28th of March.

I want to Thank the Squads who have signed up and wish each of you Good Luck in the 2nd Squad Challenge. So get to posting on your Squad Sites (if you have one) or start sending out those emails and pm's to your Squad Members.

One last thing, the Commander can be Any Infantry Persona in the list of Infantry for the Challenge, a SMG, a LMG, a Mortor, or a Rifleman.

I'll send out PM's on Monday reminding all of you.

I will look forward to it! Cant wait!

You can have bob1724, Woolef and Parra00 as contacts for the 13th also..incase I cannot be in game for any reason

someone has been messing with the training server set up again...enghzee has been taken by allies..and when I logged in there was an AO on Tienen

Can this be fixed asap please?

sorry if I missed this, but what happens in the case of a draw?

or are we doing this as a league type system with points for draw/win

you get 1 point per win, so if its a draw you would have 1 point. After all teams have played each other points are added up and the squads with the least points are knocked out, as far as i can remember

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0