Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swampfox1

X-52 Setup and questions, need help!!!

19 posts in this topic

I have just purchased the X52 system for use with my iMac. My main problem is, my iMac picks it up, the game picks it up. But, I had a previous stick. and I played around with the screen that has the red box, on the white line, you can drag in all directions. I have tried to return this area of settings back to normal, but still feel I am off. How do I reset this area? Also, when I first pick the X-52 on the initial settings page, do I need to re-calibrate the stick, or just go with the flow. It states to move in all directions, but there are so many functions, hats, throttles, etc. What do I move?? I am asking all this mess due to when I am attempting to fly, I must rotate or lean the stick left pretty hard to stay strait when lifting off. Then in the sky, I move to hard to one side, and I am in a death roll towards the ground. Thanks for any help.

This blasted forum ate my earlier reply. ARgh!

Go to terminal (applications/utilities) and type this followed by enter:

defaults delete com.playnet.ww2ol

also do:

defaults delete com.playnet.ww2ol-beta

This assures any previous joystick info is zapped.

Also delete the file (I think this is the one):

/Users/[you]/Library/Preferences/ww2ol/cfml/global.calib

to reset the red box area.

Launch the game launcher, pick settings, choose your stick and do calibrate. Once set it usually only has to be reset if you notice things drifting or every couple weeks or so.

I use

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22834

Joystick And Gamepad Tester to see if my stick is working and all the values are reasonable.

Another great tool for the X52 is ControllerMate. Great alternate to not having Saitek programming software.. You can actually use it with most Joysticks it seems.. So its not limited to the X52

ahwulf,

One thing I do notice that may be a WWIIOL bug in the keymapper for Mac on the X52 Pro is that the thumb Slider and the Throttle are considered the same axis so I have to use both in order to get full throttle and use both to bring the engine down to idle.

I did not have this issue when I was using the PC because I was able to use the Slider as a trim control.. Other programs see it as a seperate axis where WWIIOL does not

...the thumb Slider and the Throttle are considered the same axis so I have to use both in order to get full throttle and use both to bring the engine down to idle.

Ahwulf - I have the same issue AND the thumb mouse toggle on the thruster won't work for me. I would like to use for map navigation, instead of having to take one hand off the J-stick to grab my normal mouse (while tanking). Any suggestions on that issue?

Hmm I'll see if we have one of those in the office so I can see what values it throws up. Hard to do anything without trying it. Once I know the data I'm sure I can fix it.

A couple of other things, if you or anyone can help me out with this. I would love to use the x-52 system to control infantry. I can not do that now, only use the stick for certain things on Infantry control. I do have a Razer Naga Mouse, that does work great. Buttons are hard to get use to, hitting them with my thumb takes practice. But back to the X-52 system. I want to control, my tanks, and other vehicles FOWARD movement with the Throttle. But, you can not configure it to do this, at least I cant. You have to use the stick to move armor, boats, guns, forward. Any help on this would be great!!

I also would love to hear from any other X-52 users, how you have your buttons and controlers configured. Thanks guys!!:D

Hmm I'll see if we have one of those in the office so I can see what values it throws up. Hard to do anything without trying it. Once I know the data I'm sure I can fix it.

Well if there is anything I can do on my end to get you the values you are looking for, just give me a shout..

I also would love to hear from any other X-52 users' date=' how you have your buttons and controlers configured. Thanks guys!!:D[/quote']

For a tanker I find these configurations very very useful:

-Joystick thumb wheel (on R side) to fast switch between Driver-Commander-Gunner

-Pinky trigger on joystick to open close hatches

-Thumb button on throttle to open/close map

The X52 is perfect for tanking. You can operate fast without ever taking your hands away from the throttle and J-Stick.

Ahwulf' date=' should I post the bug in the beta forum so that it gets a ticket number?[/quote']

Yes, it couldn't hurt.

I have a Saitek x52 now (although I left on of the cables at the office. I see that the Mac joystick code is missing something things the PC code has (namely the slider support) so I should be able to fix this.

I added support for two sliders (the 52 has 1) and it looks right, so try in the b38 beta next week.

I've tested this with b37 (my version) and you can use both the throttle and the slider for stuff. BTW its a nice stick/throttle although the joystick part is a little floppy.

Note we only support 32 buttons at this time. I've put in a request for 8 more (this stick has 39! buttons).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0