Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robino

blue screen of death - RealTekHD Audio

9 posts in this topic

hi all

i have reinstalled wwiionline because i had to do a system restore

i used to have this game running perfectly before - but i have run into an old issue with my RealTekHD audio soundcard and drivers. Basically I can't play for 5 minutes without getting a Blue Screen of Death.

I remember that I got the game to work previously by setting sounds to 'mono' - the default is 'stereo' i assume.

However, I cannot find a mono/stero setting anywhere within the game settings. Is this something they have taken out? Did it ever exist? My memory is foggy.

I firmly remember having absolutely no problems when turning all sound off - but that's no way to play this great game.

driver name is: RtkHDAud.sys

version: 5.10.0000.5257

date: 16/05/2006

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can help.

granted - i should problaby update

but can anyone remember if this game had mono/stereo sound options?

it defaults to what its set in windows these days.

make sure in your ww2 (out of game) settings that your realtek is selected instead of "primary sound card".

try disabling your sound and playing ww2, if it crashes still, you know the problem doesn't lay with your audio.

And update your audio driver with the newest driver available.

ok i updated to newer driver and selected the driver itself instead of 'primary' - the game now seems to work sounds all fine - no BOS

i remember that the sound setting was 2d and 3d before (not mono & stereo) - perhaps that setting didn't play any part in solving the sound issue after all

i've only player a couple of mission with this latest config so if i get any more problems i'll revert

ok i updated to newer driver and selected the driver itself instead of 'primary' - the game now seems to work sounds all fine - no BOS

i remember that the sound setting was 2d and 3d before (not mono & stereo) - perhaps that setting didn't play any part in solving the sound issue after all

i've only player a couple of mission with this latest config so if i get any more problems i'll revert

:)

should keep on working fine as long as the correct audio device is selected in the settings menu.

game doesn't seem to like integrated sound...even when it's on a high $$$ mother board that uses what is probably a universal sound solution.

It cuts out and lowers volume etc and etc...nevermind it's impossible to tell distance or direction.

It's sad to here that it appears to do the same things even with EXPENSIVE add on sound cards...which I might have sprung for if it were to be a 'cure'.

what's weird is at one point the 3-d sound was excellent early on in the game...if they would have had mortars or blooper grenade launchers back in the day I almost believe you could hit stuff just by using the sound alone to aim. I guess they did some weird stuff with sound since those times...I thought they changed the game to a different sound standard also.

Edited by Vampress

game doesn't seem to like integrated sound...even when it's on a high $$$ mother board that uses what is probably a universal sound solution.

It cuts out and lowers volume etc and etc...nevermind it's impossible to tell distance or direction.

It's sad to here that it appears to do the same things even with EXPENSIVE add on sound cards...which I might have sprung for if it were to be a 'cure'.

what's weird is at one point the 3-d sound was excellent early on in the game...if they would have had mortars or blooper grenade launchers back in the day I almost believe you could hit stuff just by using the sound alone to aim. I guess they did some weird stuff with sound since those times...I thought they changed the game to a different sound standard also.

Yea sound sucks on this game at the moment. it's not absolutely terrible.

But i'd like to think my 150$ Azuentec forte could do this game without problems.

the damn thing has its own processor and 64MB of intergrated ram lol.

but yet i still get audio cut outs and missing audio on alot of things.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0