• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Online BETA here

45 posts in this topic

Note: the current beta seems to be missing the new settings dialog (with FSAA etc). Not sure how that happened but the build system at the office must be using the old one. I do a clean build at home and its fine. Grrrr.

I've put up a list in the earlier beta message I think.

The current beta also seems to allow mac users to see enemy tags. No clue why, since that code is the same on PC.

There is a repeated crash that happens a lot online. I found the culprit and MARTINI is going to fix it tomorrow. Expect many new builds :-)

Marcus-

Just wondering if you've tried today's beta release?

I reported it in the bug forum under your original post, but FYI, I am still experiencing the same infantry eyepoint and weapons not firing after stance change issue that you reported back in Dec.

It seems odd but installing into the Applications directory doesn't seem to require a password; only if you copy stuff elsewhere I think. As long as your user has admin rights anyway.

I can't find why this is but since the system enforces the password requirement it must know what it is doing. You can't override security just by running an installer.

Edited by AHWULF

Marcus-

Just wondering if you've tried today's beta release?

I reported it in the bug forum under your original post, but FYI, I am still experiencing the same infantry eyepoint and weapons not firing after stance change issue that you reported back in Dec.

Yes, thats why i asked if any problems were resolved.

I still get the same bugs related to inf stance, ill bump the topics in support forum.

Performance is pretty horrid. Stutters galore.

It also looks like the notification message lag bug is still there. The one that you get when the big font drops on screen. I'l try confirm it tomorrow.

Imac 8,1 3.06ghz

2gb ram

512gb 8800gs

Edited by joelq

Up your RAM, 2GB is probably the culprit. SHouldn't be the message problem as the font imaging was moved to the startup. The mac version uses 300MB more than the PC due to the way OSX Opengl backs the GPU texture space with RAM.

ALso note that in this version the FPS is bouncing up and down like crazy (not a stutter). Some of this code has never been tested live before so it doesn't surprise me. Some things can only be tested online with lots of people on.

How to test FPS if i run the game on macbook pro?

Which key to press to show FPS? Or which settings to change in the preferences?

Depends on your settings - default is "num lock" but on a laptop keyboard you should set it something else. You can also turn on "readout" in the hud windows settings.

Testing on older iMac (2.66 Core2Duo, 2GB RAM HD2600Pro) I noticed its playable at 1024x768 IF you wait for a while after spawning. I was getting 5-40 fps randomly but after letting it sit for awhile the FPS averaged to a decent 19-48 (offline). It seems to reach a steady state with RAM and VRAM.

powerpc here, when i try to launch it says that this kind of application it's not supported by the architecture (installation went fine)?

no more ppc support?

Up your RAM, 2GB is probably the culprit. SHouldn't be the message problem as the font imaging was moved to the startup. The mac version uses 300MB more than the PC due to the way OSX Opengl backs the GPU texture space with RAM.

ALso note that in this version the FPS is bouncing up and down like crazy (not a stutter). Some of this code has never been tested live before so it doesn't surprise me. Some things can only be tested online with lots of people on.

Cool. Moar RAM!!11TY.... Shouldve known it ;)

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

Downloading now...

Actually after testing it on the office iMac (2GB) it appears to be fine with it, at least on Snow Leopard. It did require a bit of warming up to up the FPS but once it stabilized it was playable offline. Surprising to me given that my MP require 1.9GB but the iMac was using 1.4GB.

Had some very interesting results today.

At times I was able to get a constant fps of 40 in Lent only looking NE. Then later on I was able to get that 40 fps around the whole town except when I was looking towards the town that was W, that's when my fps would completely drop, but I looked away and it was fine. When that happened there wasn't much action in town.

When action started to pick up and there were ei and trucks my fps bombed hard.

Was very surprised since I have a computer with an integrated card.

Imac

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

and it was running at 1280x960 resolution

edit:

It also looks like the notification message lag bug is still there. The one that you get when the big font drops on screen.

Got that one too. When a notification showed up it totally screwed up my fps.

Edited by afuzzy1

Although my fps arent too good in offline, today at the inf focus i had a constant 3-5 fps in town, lookin away from town it went up sometimes to 15.

800x600 res was the only setting that provided playability but when i aimed at an ei it got stuck every time at 2 fps.

guess 1.31 is goodbye time

Although my fps arent too good in offline, today at the inf focus i had a constant 3-5 fps in town, lookin away from town it went up sometimes to 15.

800x600 res was the only setting that provided playability but when i aimed at an ei it got stuck every time at 2 fps.

guess 1.31 is goodbye time

What mac specs do you have?

Macbook Pro Model 5,1 (runnin 10.5)

2.4 Core 2 duo

4gb ram

9400M

or

9600M gt

I know these integrated graphics are not supported but i was hopin to still get playable fps.

Curious if anyone else been testing beta with this setup.

Hmm similiar to the iMac I have at office. Which video card are you using? I know one is better than the other, but that dual video thing is an odd beast to figure out.

What I wonder is if you are really picking the other card. How do you choose the video card? It's possible you pick one (somewhere in system prefs?) and the game is picking the same one all the time. I don't have one of these hybrids to know how the system presents it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0