• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stdyhand

Can not run game on new monitor

7 posts in this topic

I hooked up my computer to my 52" Sony Bravia LCD TV and now the game will not run. When I try to log in it allows me to click "play" but then goes no further. I figure it's a driver issue and when I check the device manager it shows the TV as a "Generic Monitor". I had Windows check online and it can't find any driver. I spoke with a SONY Representative and he said they do not offer any drivers because these TV's are designed to use onboard drivers and thus it is normal for Windows to read it as generic.

Anyone know a way around this issue?

buy Samsung HDTV's instead?

I almost got a Samsung as well. They make some great TV's. But they don't have drivers for theirs either.

Anyhow, I managed to get the game to load by clicking on ww2_se2 on my HDD but none of my mice are working either.

First thing, open up the vidcard display program and select TV as your monitor, If card is an nvidia, you will find one of the selctions will control monitor selction.

was likely caused by refresh rate. monitors deal with changing refresh rates more gracefully than TVs. the switch in the driver to a TV profile likely resolved that for you.

back in the day you needed to use a program called powerstrip to manually edit the refresh rates for certain TVs and certain resolutions. HD screens are better than the older flat screens and CRT big screens but sometimes you still need to tweak them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0