Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
temp12

Game Stutters

14 posts in this topic

I am seriously at a lost, I want to literally bash my head into a wall its so frustrating. Now don't get me wrong I'm not dumbfounded when it comes to computers. Now here's whats happening

Its subtle stutters it really is but its enough for me not to wanna play. It doesn't just affect one game, it affects everything. It will be going along and thing clip for a fraction of a second and go back to normal but it does it through out the time I have a game launched. In the air its less noticeable but its there, but the ground oh my god its unbearable. Even in the air I cant stand it. Here's my specs.

EVGA 780i SLI Motherboard

Corsair 750 Watt PSU

EVGA 9800 GTX+ X2 sli

E8400 Cpu 3.00 ghz (with a zalman cpu cooler, cooling is not a issue idles at 32 C 34-36 40 when playing games like BC2, crysis etc under load)

4 Gigs of ram corsair dominator

heres what ive done

-Reformat(fixed the over all computer stuttering problems, but not games)

-Defraged

-Set everything in my BIOS to default

-Turned off all windows firewalls

-Reset CMOS

-Took out one video card to see if its a video problem (vice versa)

-Hard drive? maybe. I put wwiionline to my other HDD to see if that was the problem Nope it wasnt

-Maybe WWIIONLINE for some reason didnt support dual core so i turned of a core no cigar

-Maybe with my mic, rudder pedals,joystick, and throttle. Maybe my motherboards being sent too much information so i unplugged some stuff. nope

-Before I reformatted I noticed every time I had Teamspeak/vent/itunes etc anything audio related these freezes happend. So I took my sound card out switched to on board.

-Vsync maybe my fps is to high and it rips nope

-Cleaned out the dust of my computer

I have also noticed with speed fan open, ill drag something a little bit and the cpu sky rockets to 60-80% usage.

I REALLY dont know what else to do besides buy a new video card (which isn't a guaranteed fix and dont wanna risk the money factor) If you have any ideas PLEASE PLEASE shoot them out, i have no video games until it is fixed really. any suggestions are welcome

I have also lowered it down to two possibilities, CPU, or GPU. (could possible be a psu problem? its running at 9.87V)

Img of temps (Dont mind the -65C its been saying that sense day one of my computer being built)

tempsl.jpg

p.s these are what i can recall that ive done not sure if thats everything but its a good majority.

-Temp12

Edited by temp12

i'm getting the same thing,

i refer to them as jitters.

never seen them till i upgraded both system and OS

in my case i can alt/cont/del bring up task manager ,,then close it ,,,jitters be gone.

now other then that i think its a win7 problem ,i say this because i had jitters /didn't have jitters/ and now have jitters again ,the diffrence being i was playing around in services and turned some off,then had to restart services to get win7 update to work.

somewhere in there i hit the majik one and it solved the problem.

but i have no clue what one it was and havn't bothered to chase it down

Google Duo cores...things to turn off...there is a couple of bios settings that wil drop speed on cores if they get too hot etc..I think you wil lfind your problem in the core settings. BTW..the 8400 will oc to 3.6ghz by simply making the FSB to 400mhz from 333(1333), Since your DDR2 memory is set to 400mhz(800mhz X2) you can link memory to FSB and everything runs at 400mhz and you get a 20% OC.

i'm getting the same thing,

never seen them till i upgraded both system and OS

They happend when I was on XP.

I am currently reinstalling windows 7 to 32 bit with a p4 to see if the cpu is the problem. I pray it is, because im getting really mad at everything ive done.

did you try alt/ctl/del and opening task manager then close it ?

fixes my jitter prob everytime

They happend when I was on XP.

I am currently reinstalling windows 7 to 32 bit with a p4 to see if the cpu is the problem. I pray it is, because im getting really mad at everything ive done.

You do any overclocking on that processor?

Might of burnt up some cache or a bridge, but not enough to totally TKO that cpu.

Might of burnt up some cache or a bridge, but not enough to totally TKO that cpu.

My e8400 yes but just for the giggles i did but tuned it back down like the next day.

my p4 no its out of my old crappy computer with stock cooling

I bet it's something running in the background. I used to get something similar with the "Energy Saver" utility that came with my Gigabyte board. The thing to try is to start "msconfig" and in services and startup turn off anything that isn't an essential service (start by turning off anything not Microsoft) and reboot like that. If that fixes it, then you have to start turning things on gradually to figure out which the offending program is.

I really don't think it's a hardware issue.

Edited by lutorm

well as long as you didn't push it to far, it should be alright.

I know i had a virus a year ago that gave me studders every 5 seconds.

it'd go smooth 90-100fps then freeze for a split second, then go back to 90-100fps.

Complete Erase, Format and windows installation fixed that.

but seems to me like you've already reinstalled windows, Did you re-install all of your drivers?

a computer lacking system drivers tends to run like complete crap, not just video and audio drivers... I'm talking SMGART and chipset drivers.

did you fiddle with your bios settings?

sometimes if you clear your CMOS, you've got to reset up your settings for your particular hardware

Or a setting is enabled by default that you dont need.

Does your mainboard have onboard video? could try disabling that

Edited by indo420

As far as i know right now it is fixed.

I brought it up stairs to hook to my other setup and guess what i worked. I am going to assume that the extra usb hook ups that i used were screwing with something.

But its fixed and im relieved all those hours were annoying but its done. Thanks for all the help cya on the battlefield or in my crosshairs :P which ever it is.

-Temp12

did you try alt/ctl/del and opening task manager then close it ?

fixes my jitter prob everytime

what exactly are you closing? a certain program or you are opening the task manager and then closing the task manager, all while in game?

i dont know if i have the same problem but i didnt have it until 1.31. when i first get into the battlefield, my fps will start at around 35 and then jump down to 5. this happens every second, 35, 5, 35, 5, 35, 5, etc. and it is completely unplayable because on every single digit of fps, the game freezes for a second. i'm on a fresh install as well so i don't know what's up. i sometimes reboot a couple of times to get it to stop but i dont know if that is really fixing it. and sometimes it doesnt even happen.

what i do is after spawning in , i alt/ctrl/del and then open the task manager.

when i say close it ,i mean simply close the task manager and go back in game.

i know, you didn't do anything ,,

but for some stupid reason it clears up my micro stutters.

i still don't get micro stutters all the time ,but when i do ,opening and closing task manager solves it .

i still think it has something to do with an auto update process for some program

ok i will try that too next time. it's a pain in the *** to reboot my pc just to fix this. i hope your fix will do it.

thanks "to".

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0