Survey for fps drop with binos -- please post

39 posts in this topic

Windows XP Home (32)

Pent 4 Dual Core 2.46Ghz

ATI 2400: 512MB

Dunno sound card

Monitor settings: 1400x900, 75hz, 32bit

3GB RAM

That system would actually be pretty good for ww2ol if you overclocked that P4 past 3.06Ghz (i pulled bud420's P4 641 Cedarmill to 3.771Ghz...P4's oc nicely)

If thats a AGP based system, about 100$ and you could get the best AGP card they made for that system bus and probably see some great FPS increases.

i thought ww2ol would take advantage of two,three,four and six core processors you know.......since its 2010 now and not 2001.

but nope.

Going to still be a single threaded video game.

so in all honesty, besides a new graphics card, there isn't much of a reason to go out and purchase a brand new dual core system unless you plan on playing other video games along side ww2ol.

Just overclock that Pentium 4, Raise your memory rates as fast as they can handle, pop in a graphics card like this..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161284

and you'll be in the same boat.

Edited by indo420

I'll be a monkeys uncle. . .a not-horrid AGP card. . .will do with my birthday cash, I thinks. (So in the next couple days here.)

As for OC'ing my CPU and bumping the mem rates, I understand the idea, but have never bothered to do so. Mind shooting me a PM on the specifics?

Yeah your card is horribly poor :)

the 4670 looks a really nice upgrade whether you stick with us or not

hopefully 1.31 fps will improve in next two weeks before they release and you'll be good

Yeah your card is horribly poor :)

the 4670 looks a really nice upgrade whether you stick with us or not

hopefully 1.31 fps will improve in next two weeks before they release and you'll be good

Well, considering the age of the CPU and Mobo, even for an AGP it's. . .well. I'll be ordering the 4670 on monday, so that'll be good stuff.

Well' date=' considering the age of the CPU and Mobo, even for an AGP it's. . .well. I'll be ordering the 4670 on monday, so that'll be good stuff.[/quote']

Will be interesting. Do a before and after test offline with binos / without etc.

Hopefully it will be better (should be much better but never know sometimes.)

Res 1600-1200 without bino with bino

GPU set to Quality

BE set to Performance 88-94 50-53

GPU set to Balanced

BE set to Performance 99-113 59-61

GPU set to Performance

BE set to Performance 105-120 60-63

Edited by jackw

Well this is certainly unexpected: I just upgraded my machine from XP x64 to Win7 x64 (and with that from Catalyst 10.2 to 10.3) and my bino fps went from 45 to 66. I don't know whether it's the new OS, new drivers, or just less random crap installed on the system, but something made it go up by 50%!

Additionally, putting a 10% overclock on the 4870 (we'll see if it's stable) increased that to 73, so it still seems GPU-limited.

Okay, even though this problem doesn't seem to affect me, I tested anyway to give you the answers:

AMD X2 250 3.0ghz dual core.

Win7 64bit

nVidia GTS 250 1GB

4gb RAM

Without binos: 55fps

With binos: quick dip to 48 fps, then back to 55.

With vsync and trip buff enabled:

Without binos: 60fps

With binos: 60 fps.

Okay, even though this problem doesn't seem to affect me, I tested anyway to give you the answers:

AMD X2 250 3.0ghz dual core.

Win7 64bit

nVidia GTS 250 1GB

4gb RAM

Without binos: 55fps

With binos: quick dip to 48 fps, then back to 55.

With vsync and trip buff enabled:

Without binos: 60fps

With binos: 60 fps.

resolution?

resolution?

native resolution - on this monitor 1400x900

edit: you should always run native resolution unless you are experiencing massive FPS loss in native thats corrected when running a lower resolution.

ur desktop and games should be native - far less work for your graphix card to do.

ur desktop and games should be native - far less work for your graphix card to do.

Your gfx card doesn't care what the native resolution of your monitor is, it just makes a big image the size of whatever resolution you are running. It'll look like crap if the resolution isn't native, but your fps just depends on how many pixels the card has to render.

I have seen same issue in Mac when I use Binocs

It is only certain directions, not all 360*

My MBP has ATI x1600 GPU

when u use binos to look at the trees, your GPU has to render all those realistic leaf, it drops the fps like you never imagine

don't use binos to look at tree leaf

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0